These days, Lin-Manuel Miranda is everywhere—churning out chart-topping fundraising singles in his sleep, improvising on late night talk shows, earning Emmy nominations for Saturday Night Live hosting. But long before the Pulitzer Prize winner and MacArthur Genius become a household name, he was just as prolific. Here, we go beyond Hamilton and In The Heights to show you some of Miranda’s lesser known performances. (If you’ve seen all of these before, consider yourself a superfan.)
1. Miranda wrote this song as a teenager from his original musical 7 Minutes in Heaven. (Why did Miranda write this show, read about it here.)
2. While a freshman at Wesleyan University, Miranda sings "Gethsemane" from Jesus Christ Superstar:
3. Paired with right-hand man Alex Lacamoire, Miranda performs this deleted rap from In the Heights:
4.Miranda and Miranda Sings do Spring Awakening:
5. At his wedding, Miranda enlisted family and friends for a rousing rendition of Fiddler on the Roof's “To Life” for his wife, Vanessa:
6. A performance from the earliest production of In the Heights at Wesleyan University:
BONUS: The Hamilton highlights we know you want.