The Actors Playground Theater Company of New York City will hold a summer series of Monday night play readings, beginning June 17 and running through Aug. 26.
In all, 10 plays will be featured, each accompanied by a different free alcoholic beverage. (There's an audience lure if there ever was one.) All will take place at The Actors Playground, 412 Eighth Avenue, 2nd floor.
Doors open at 7 PM. Showtime is 7:30 PM. The schedule runs:
- June 17: Ephemera by John Yearley; directed by Carin Perry; starring Joy Barrett, Beth Lein, Guido Venitucci, Veronica and Chad Gilkinson.
- June 24: Deflowering Waldo by Adam Szymkowicz; directed by Karen Odyniec; starring Nicole Seymour, Sue Costello, Jerry Marino, Hayden Ramsey and Alex Tavis.
- July 1: Yahweh by Joshua Goldstein; directed by Alexandra Ornitz; starring Lee Wilkof, Eileen Woods, Julian Brightman, and John Fitzgibbon.
- July 15: Hunger Waltz by Sheila Callaghan; directed by Hayley Fin; starring: Heather Aldridge, April Peveteaux, Mathew Landfield and Larry Mitchel.
- July 22: No One Ever Dies in Montana by Sean Michael Welch; starring Joy Barret and Scott Parish.
- July 29: Montana Moose by John Moe; directed by Jim Elliott; starring Robert Harriell, Mary Holmstrom, Jen Krater and Jim Keiffer.
- August 5: Two Thieves in a Trap by Tom Gannon; directed by Jim Jack; cast to be announced.
- August 12: A 95% Chance They'll Wind Up Like Larvae by Barbara Herel; directed by Ron Peretti; starring Tony Martinelli, Caitlin Barton, Laurie Kilmartin, Christine Pappas, Jolynn Baca and Eliot Chang.
- August 19: Almost Blue by Keith Reddin; directed by Francesca Mantani Arkus; starring Stephanie Michels, Joe Passaro, Jimmy Biberi, Kurt Everhardt
- August 26: to be announced.