The national tour of Disney's new musical, Aida, will begin at Minneapolis' Orpheum Theatre March 27, 2001, for a run through April 22. The production will then stop in St. Louis, Seattle, Portland, OR, and Denver.
No cast has been mentioned. Future stops and dates will be announced soon.
Disney may consider the Orpheum a lucky theatre for the company. The Lion King made a successful pre-Broadway stop there in 1997 before going on to triumph in New York.
After tryouts in Atlanta and Chicago, Elton John and Tim Rice's Aida opened on Broadway at the Palace Theatre on March 23. The NYC production features Adam Pascal, Heather Headley and Sherie Rene Scott and was nominated for five Tony Awards, including a nod for Headley, who won.
• March 27-April 22, 2001: Minneapolis' Orpheum Theatre
• April 27-May 6: St. Louis' Fox Theatre
• May 12-27: Seattle's Paramount Theatre
• May 29-June 3: Portland, OR's Keller Auditorium
• June 6-24: Denver's Buell Theatre.