Queen guitarist and songwriter Brian May and West End and Broadway actor Kerry Ellis (Wicked) are joining forces for their second studio album, Golden Days. It is to be released April 7 in the U.K. and Ireland by Sony Music.
The 13-track album includes five original compositions, two by May, including the title track, and three by May and Ellis. It also includes new rock arrangements of some of May and Ellis’ favorite songs of all time: a tribute to guitar virtuoso Gary Moore, two songs dedicated to their work on behalf of wild animals, and a couple of reinterpretations of songs they regularly perform together in their live act.
The album follows their debut together, Anthems, released in 2010. In a press statement, May commented, “This album is a true collaboration between Kerry and myself. Five years ago, Anthems was the result of me producing an exciting new artist - Kerry Ellis. This new record has both our names on it, and breaks new ground. We produced ourselves together as a team. I feel confident it's the best thing we've ever done and a worthy testament to 13 years of belief. It also happens to feature Britain's most beautiful voice!”
Ellis adds, “This new album has been a real journey of discovery and I feel so proud of how Brian and I have developed over the years; we have learnt how to work together and inspire each other to create special performances and music. The album is really a mixture of our experiences and has a story behind each song. Brian and I have had such fun developing it and can't wait for people to hear it.”
The full track listing is as follows:
1. “Love in a Rainbow” (Brian May, Kerry Ellis)
2. “Roll with You” (Brian May, Kerry Ellis)
3. “Golden Days” (Brian May)
4. “It's Gonna Be All Right (The Panic Attack Song)” (Brian May)
5. “Amazing Grace” (John Newton, Trad. Arr., Brian May)
6. “One Voice” (Ruth Moody)
7. “If I Loved You” (Oscar Hammerstein II, Richard Rodgers)
8. “Born Free” (John Barry, Don Black)
9. “Parisienne Walkways” (Phil Lynott, Gary Moore)
10. “I Who Have Nothing” (Carlo Donida, Mogol, Jerry Leiber, Mike Stoller)
11. “The Kissing Me Song” (Brian May, Kerry Ellis)
12. “Story Of A Heart” (Björn Ulvaeus, Benny Andersson)
13. “Can't Help Falling In Love” (Hugo Peretti, Luigi Creatore, George, David Weiss)
To pre-order on Amazon, visit smarturl.it/GoldenDays_amz.