Playbill On-Line is pleased to introduce a new weekly column, Comings and Goings, which highlights prominent Broadway and Off-Broadway cast changes. Column items are chosen by PBOL's Andrew Ku, and does not try to be comprehensive. For complete cast change information, see the Who's Who section of our theatre listings.
Here are the Comings and Goings for the week of April 1:
- At The Phantom of the Opera, Christine alternate (Monday, Tuesday and Thursday evening performances) Teri Bibb is on vacation this week, with Adrienne McEwan filling in. Although Bibb will be back next week, she will depart the Phantom company mid-April, with McEwan her permanent replacement beginning the week of April 21.
- Also on vacation this week is Jane Krakowski of Once Upon a Mattress. Ann Brown steps into the role of Lady Larken for the time being.
- In the third major cast change in as many weeks, Calista Flockhart has departed Scott Elliott's production of Three Sisters at the Roundabout. Assuming the role of Natalya for the show's final week will be Amy Ryan, who recently worked with director Elliott in his production of Arthur Miller's The Ride Down Mount Morgan at the Williamstown Festival.
- Over at the St. James, Dick Latessa, recently seen in Promises, Promises at Encores!, has permanently replaced Lewis J. Stadlen as Senex in A Funny Thing Happened on the Way to the Forum.
- Finally, gay porn star Ryan Idol has left the long-running hit Making Porn at The Actor's Playhouse. Slipping into Idol's towel is Sonny Markham, who will portray a straight actor who stumbles into the lucrative business of gay porn.
-- By Andrew Ku