The CD, which is now available by visiting iTunes, CDBaby.com or Amazon.com, was produced, arranged and orchestrated by David Snyder.
The recording features Snyder on piano/keyboards, Amy Ralske on cello, Jason Brook on flute, Brian Shaw on oboe with backup vocals on “Cautiously Optimistic” and “I Am” by Jon Philip Alman, Nicole Johndrow, Julie Reyburn and David Snyde.
"If someone had told me a few years ago that this is where my passion would lie, I would have laughed," said composer Davis in a statement. “I left the business after appearing in my first Off-Broadway play, JOY. Then in 2008, as odd as it may sound, I was visited in a dream by my late musical mentor with whom I’d had a horrible fight before he died. To my great regret, we never saw each other again or reconciled. In the dream he hugged me, which I took as a sign of forgiveness, and he left me with a lingering melody he had been humming. That melody came back to me the next day, and it became the basis for the song ‘Cautiously Optimistic.’ That experience influenced the themes I wrote: acceptance, forgiveness and moving forward. It was his ultimate gift to me."
The complete track listing follows:
1. Cautiously Optimistic (3:07) Julie Reyburn
2. Walk a Little Slower (5:00) Joshua Dixon, Faith Prince
3. Just a Word (2:39) Jason Graae
4. If We Say Goodbye (4:15) Liz Callaway
5. I Never Thought (3:22) Natalie Douglas
6. He’s Perfect (4:29) Lisa Howard
7. Dear Santa (3:10) Daniel Reichard
8. There’s Nothing I Can Say (3:09) Jon Philip Alman, Julie Reyburn
9. You Make Me Crazy (2:34) Nicole Johndrow
10. More Than Just Sundays (4:53) Joshua Dixon
11. Ready to Fly (4:00) Nikki Renee Daniels
12. I Am (3:54) Scott Evan Davis