Have you dreamed of walking the streets of London, seeing the best new shows, dining in the best restaurants, staying at a five-star hotel -- and all in the company of dedicated theatre lovers just like yourself? Playbill can make that dream come true.
Playbill Travel, in association with Dailey-Thorp Travel, will be hosting a special, upscale cultural tour Feb. 12-19, 2000, the perfect way to enjoy the cream of the English arts scene for singles, couples, seniors, Gen X-ers -- everyone! Space is first come, first served, so book as soon as you can.
We begin with an overnight Feb. 12 flight on British Airways from New York's Kennedy Airport, arriving Sunday morning Feb. 13, followed by six nights at the luxurious Radisson Mountbatten Hotel in the legendary Seven Dials, within walking distance of glorious Covent Garden and London's Theatreland.
Why take the trip?
* Great seats to smash West End shows and lavish operas, including: --> Dame Maggie Smith in Alan Bennett's The Lady in the Van
--> Rossini's Otello at the Royal Opera House, Covent Garden
--> Mozart's The Magic Flute at the English National Opera.
--> A performance at the internationally acclaimed Royal National Theatre, Feb. 16.
* Terrific pre-theatre dinners at award-winning restaurants, including London's oldest restaurant, Rules (established in 1798!) and the celebrated Browns' Court Rooms in St. Martin's Lane.
* Exciting tours of Shakespeare's Globe Theatre, the Royal Opera House, the Wallace Collection of porcelain and Old Master paintings, and Spencer House, London's only surviving 18th Century private palace. Also possible are tours of Christie's/Sotheby's auction houses or the Courtauld Institute Galleries of Baroque, Impressionist and post-Impressionist paintings.
Add free time for sight-seeing and theatregoing on your own, full English breakfast every morning, all transportation, a return flight on Saturday, Feb. 19, and you've got a week full of memories to last a lifetime.
Not including air transportation, the cost of the trip is $3,475 per person, sharing a twin/double room. You can make your own air arrangements or travel with the group via British Airways economy class ($487.65) or business class ($5,451.65).
Please make checks payable to: DAILEY-THORP TRAVEL, 330 West 58th Street, Suite 610, New York, NY 10019-1817. A non-refundable $950 deposit is needed to secure the reservation.
For more details on this and upcoming trips, please call Director of Playbill Travel, Janice Marie Johnson at (212) 307-1555 weekdays. You can also email her at email@example.com. Make sure to include your name, mailing address and telephone number. She will take care of all your flight and hotel arrangements and any special requests you may have, including getting you from your hometown to London and back.
What do people who have already gone to London with Playbill think of our service?
* "In a word, it was great. Just as advertised... It was truly a memorable trip, and all the Playbill people who had a part in it deserve great credit." (Gil Gabriel)
* "To anyone that is considering a Playbill London trip I say do it. Now. What are you waiting for?" (Ed & Janelle Price)
* "The London (theatre) tour was great! Thanks so much for everything." (Alice Pappalardo)
* "The week in London that you arranged was so very pleasant and enjoyable... I cannot praise [the hosts] enough and look forward to future trips." (Henny Richman)
Don't miss your chance to be singing our praises, too! Come join us, Feb. 12-19, 2000, on our London Theatre & Opera Tour!