Leung, who recently released his debut solo recording, "I'll Cover You," will offer Telly Leung: Live in London July 20 at 8 PM and July 21 at 4 PM in the Matcham Room at the Hippodrome Casino.
The concerts, according to press notes, will feature "a selection of material from the shows that have shaped Telly’s career so far alongside songs from his debut album, some personal favourites, and one or two never-before-seen surprises exclusive to his debut London engagement."
The concerts will be produced by Ava Eldred for Speckulation Entertainment in association with Michael Karns for Marathon Live Entertainment.
The Hippodrome is located on Cranbourn Street in Leicester Square. For tickets, priced £20-£35, call 0843 208 6011. For more information visit www.tellyinlondon.com.
* "Although most audiences know my work as a Broadway performer," Leung said in an earlier statement about his new recording, "I love music of all styles. I wanted to 'cover' these songs in a way that would make the listener hear them again with a new perspective…My collaborators and I aimed to create the unique sound of this album by combining a standard jazz trio and a string quartet. I want the listener to hear these beloved songs as if they were discovering them for the first time, while still honoring the intent of the original."
"I'll Cover You" is produced by Michael Croiter and co-produced by Gary Adler. Adler is featured on piano along with Mary Ann McSweeney on bass, Michael Croiter on drums, Brian Koonin on guitar, Entcho Todorov on violin and viola and Clay Ruede on cello.
The complete track listing follows:
1. "Knocks Me Off My Feet"
2. "Cry If You Want To"
3. "The Water Is Wide/Bridge Over Troubled Water"
4. "Papa Don't Preach"
5. "I Can See Clearly Now"
6. "Before the Parade Passes By"
7. "I'll Cover You"
9. "Children Will Listen"
10. "I'm Gonna Laugh You Right Out of My Life"
12. "In My Life"
13. "I Believe in You and Me"
On Broadway Telly Leung has been seen in Godspell, Pacific Overtures, Flower Drum Song and Rent. He created the role of Boq in the Chicago production of Wicked and was also seen in the starry Hollywood Bowl staging of Rent. His other theatrical credits include M. Butterfly and Titanic. His TV credits include "Glee" and "Law & Order: CI."
For more information visit YellowSoundLabel.com.
Watch the exclusive Playbill video of Leung singing in rehearsal for 54 Below.