The 11th annual Broadway Flea Market, Sept. 27, will be held once more in Shubert Alley (West 45th St.), 10 AM-7:30 PM. The event mixes visits by Broadway stars with sales of such merchandise as posters, CDs, signed scripts, snacks baked by Broadway cast & postumes, Playbills and other memorabilia.
Flea Market visitors can also come to the "Celebrity Table" and get autographs/have their pictures taken with Broadway, Off Broadway and soap-opera stars.
Specialty items will also be offered at the "Grand Auction," with bidding starting at 10 AM and taken until 3:30 PM. The silent auction officially begins at 4:30 PM. This year's goodies will include walk-ons in Rent, The Life, Titanic, The King And I, Miss Saigon, Beauty & The Beast, and several NY-based television shows.
Here's a tentative roster of celebrities expected for the Flea Market:
(11 AM-noon): David Alan Grier (Forum), Victoria Clark (Titanic), Marilyn Cooper (Grease!), Alma Cuervo (Titanic), Jessica Hecht (Ballyhoo), John Herrera (1776), Bebe Neuwirth (Chicago).
(noon-1 PM): Gibby Brand (Beauty & The Beast), Beth Fowler (Beauty & The Beast), David Garrison (Titanic), Cris Groenendaal (Forum), Marcia Lewis (Chicago).
Of course, all proceeds from the Flea Market & Auction will go to Broadway Cares/Equity Fights AIDS, which has, since October, 1987, raised and distributed $25 million in the fight against the disease. Here are some highlight lots from the Grand Auction. Bids are accepted by phone from those unable to attend the event; call Carla Cherry at (212) 840-0770.
* Framed poster commemorating the 51st annual Tony Awards (this past June), signed by Rosie O'Donnell and all the presenters, including Hal Holbrook, Raquel Welch, Whoopi Goldberg, Bernadette Peters, Marisa Tomei, Mandy Patinkin, Lauren Bacall and Julie Andrews.
* Lunch with Sam Harris, star of Broadway's The Life -- he cooks for you at his home!
* Dinner with Moises Kaufman, author/director of Gross Indecency.
* Tickets to Last Night Of Ballyhoo, followed by dinner with Carole Shelley and Alfred Uhry at John's Pizza.
* Framed, signed movie poster of Planet Of The Apes.
* Signed original cast-in-concert posters from Company and Chess.
* Signed, first edition of Arthur Miller's Death Of A Salesman.
* Playbills signed by Tallulah Bankhead, Ruby Keeler, Lauren Bacall, Ingrid Bergman and Carol Channing.
* Walk-on on TV's "Friends," "3rd Rock From The Sun," "Touched By An Angel," and "Caroline In The City," including air-fare and hotel.
* Walk-ons for such shows as Titanic, Beauty & The Beast, Rent, The King And I and Jekyll & Hyde.
* Walk-on as a prostitute in "The Hooker's Ball" sequence of The Life.
* Seven foot, white giraffe from Broadway's La Cage Aux Folles.
* Authentic leather & wool Rent show jacket, signed inside by the Broadway cast.
* John Gielgud's Dunhill lighter, given to him on closing night of the 1933 34 London production of Richard Of Bordeau, engraved with the show's title, opening and closing night dates, and the initials "J.G."
* A quilt made by members of the Les Miserables company.
* Tickets to the The Lion King's final preview and opening night party.
* Special Cats for Kids package, including dinner at Texas Grill.
* Signed & framed poster of the Flea Market itself.