Recorded live in September 2013 at London's Angel Studios, the new disc also includes anecdotes from McKechnie's award-winning career.
Listen to a clip from the CD, in which McKechnie recalls her life in disco-era Manhattan, woven in with the songs "The Hustle," "Where or When" and "Native New Yorker."
McKechnie will celebrate the release with a performance and CD signing at Barnes & Noble bookstore in Manhattan Aug. 10 at 7 PM. McKechnie will be joined by music director Steve Marzullo for the performance, which will be followed by a CD signing. Barnes & Noble is located at 86th St. and Lexington Avenue.
The complete track list for the new recording follows:
- HUSTLE/WHERE OR WHEN/NATIVE NEW YORKER
- thank you so much I see some old friends
- UPTOWN-DOWNTOWN (Follies)
- also ironically
- WHAT MORE DO I NEED? (Saturday Night)
- THE MORNING AFTER ("The Poseidon Adventure")
- as I remember
- I NEVER KNOW WHEN (Goldilocks)
- ah yes, they were becoming interchangeable
- YOU'RE MOVING OUT TODAY
- WHERE DO YOU START ("Just Between Friends")
- Marvin Hamlisch was one of the
- AT THE BALLET (A Chorus Line)
- so there I am in the Shubert Theatre
- you know in the beginning
- BETTER LUCK NEXT TIME ("Easter Parade")
- of course he was right
- I GOT LOST IN HIS ARMS (Annie Get Your Gun)
- oh so I'm a late bloomer
- HATE / LOVE NEW YORK
- thank you
- TIME IN A BOTTLE
- thank you, wow, what a
- WITH SO LITTLE TO BE SURE OF (Anyone Can Whistle)
McKechnie won her Tony Award for her performance in A Chorus Line.