Janie Dee, currently starring as Phyllis Stone in the National Theatre's acclaimed London revival of Follies, will release her debut solo album, featuring songs by Kander and Ebb, Burt Bacharach, Stevie Wonder, and more, next month.
Janie Dee at the BBC is set to release as a digital download October 2 through iTunes, AmazonMP3, and GooglePlay. The album will also be available as a physical release through Auburn Jam Records' website, and at the National Theatre Bookshop.
The new album, recorded at BBC Maida Vale Studios, features many numbers from Dee's cabaret act. Dee will also mark the release of the album with three concert evenings October 2–4 at 7 PM at Crazy Coqs, Live at Zédel. She will also perform a late-night cabaret, titled Off the Record, October 3 and 4 at 9:15 PM. The CD release of Janie Dee at the BBC will be available for sale at all of these engagements.
Dee recently was Outer Critics Circle Award-nominated for her performance in the title role in Manhattan Theatre Club's Linda Off-Broadway. She is a two-time Olivier Award winner, having won Best Supporting Performance in a Musical for her work as Carrie Pipperidge in Nicholas Hytner's 1993 revival of Carousel and Best Actress for her performance in 2000's Comic Potential.
Take a look at the track listing below:
1. Yes (from 70 Girls 70 - Kander & Ebb)
2. One Note Samba (Antonio Carlos Jobim & Newton Mendonça)
3. There Goes The Ballgame (from And The World Goes ‘Round - Kander & Ebb)
4. One Of The Boys (from Woman of the Year - Kander & Ebb)
5. Copytype (Alan Ayckbourn & Paul Todd)
6. Can You Hear Me, God? (Spike Milligan & Cathy Shostak)
7. Cigarette Scientist (Spike Milligan & Cathy Shostak)
8. Somewhere Only We Know (Keane)
9. Jardin D’Hiver (Benjamin Biolay & Keren Zeidel)
10. Isn’t She Lovely (Stevie Wonder)
11. Alfie (Burt Bacharach & Hal David)
12. Never Let Me Go (Raymond B. Evans & Jay Livingston)
13. Our Love Is Here To Stay (George & Ira Gershwin)
GO BEHIND THE SCENES OF THE RECORDING OF JANIE DEE AT THE BBC: