Playbill.com will stream live from the red carpet on Broadway's biggest and most glamorous night, the 68th Annual Tony Awards June 8.
2013 Tony nominee Valisia LeKae will co-host Playbill.com's coverage alongside celebrity stylist, George Brescia, star of Stage17.tv's "Dress Up! With George B. Style."
George shares tips and tricks-of-the-trade on how you can look red carpet ready — whether you're going to the Tonys or heading out to your own swanky affair!
The Dos and Don'ts when you've got… One week until your event
• Get your roots done (George's pick: Riad Azar, riadazar.com).
• Lashes dyed (George's pick: Nicole and SpaBelles on 7th Avenue and 15th Street, spabelles.com)
• Get a facial (George's Pick: Mario Badescu, mariobadescu.com)
• Change your hairstyle or color.
• Stop exercising and minding your fruits and vegetables.
• Wait until the last minute to search for your perfect outfit.
48 hours until your event
• Get a manicure/pedicure.
• Go to bed early and drink lots of water.
• Pick out your accessories: jewelry, shoes and hang bag (last minute accessories make it exciting and you never know what the last minute choice on the dress is going to be).
• Go out on the town or pull an all-nighter.
• Ask your girlfriend to borrow one of her dresses.
• Start a new brand of makeup.
Two hours until your event
• Drink water only.
• Play your favorite music to get you in the mood to be the star that you are!
• Go to your grandmother's house for a big Sunday pasta dinner.
• Try to get in a last minute workout at the gym.
• You should not — I repeat NOT! — see anyone or do anything that is going to put you in a bad mood.
Tiny purses can sometimes mean big problems. What's your advice for bringing your essentials with you and still look red carpet ready?
Girl! Find the fiercest clutch you have ever seen (George's pick: Judith Leiber) and let your husband/boyfriend/partner worry about your essentials in their jacket pocket.
What are some secret lifesavers for last minute red carpet disasters?
1. Fashion tape (i.e.: double stick tape) to keep all the parts where they need to be — private!
2. Keep some tissues or a hanky handy for a little too much "glow."
3. Mint of choice is a must right before you hit the carpet, for up close interviews.
The Tonys are in June and it's usually a scorcher! What's your advice on how to avoid "glowing" (the wrong way) at a summer event?
Be prepared with great undergarments, the ever-ready hanky, and of course, show as much skin as possible.
What's your best tip for looking fabulous on a budget?
Two Words: Century 21
Heels are hell on your feet. Any tips for making your shoes more comfortable for a long night?
Suffer for fashion; I don't care. A great heel elongates the leg. Suck it up for a red carpet event — work it, girl!
Name your top 5 secret weapons for the red carpet:
1. Crest white-strips
3. Push-up bra
4. Hair spray
5. A gleaming smile.
What's one thing every gal should know before stepping out on the red carpet?
You better look fierce!