Selections from Evita, including "Oh What a Circus" and "Don't Cry for Me, Argentina," feature Max Von Essen as Che—a role he played in select performances on Broadway during the 2012 revival. Singing as Eva is Madalena Alberto, star of the 2014 West End revival and as Fantine in the 25th Anniversary production of Les Misérables.
The Sunset Boulevard selections capture U.K. performer Ria Jones' Norma Desmond. Jones notably stepped in at the last minute for Glenn Close during the summer 2016 concert production at London's Coliseum for four performances and is poised to tour the U.K. with a new production of the show beginning later this month. Broadway performer Matt Bogart (Jersey Boys, Aida) sings the role of Joe Gillis.
A release date will be announced at a later time.
The album's track listing is below:
1. With One Look - Ria Jones
2. Too Much in Love to Care - Matt Bogart and Laura Pitt-Pulford
3. The Perfect Year - Ria Jones and Matt Bogart
4. Sunset Boulevard - Matt Bogart
5. As If We Never Said Goodbye - Ria Jones
6. Oh, What a Circus - Max Von Essen
7. Buenos Aires - Madalena Alberto and Company
8. On This Night of a Thousand Stars - Ian McLarnon
9. I'd Be Surprisingly Good For You - Madalena Alberto and Paul Baker
10. Another Suitcase in Another Hall - Sarah Louise McNicholas and Boys
11. Don't Cry for Me, Argentina - Madalena Alberto
12. High Flying Adored - Max Von Essen and Madalena Alberto
13. Rainbow High - Madalena Alberto
For more information, visit JayRecords.com.