On Nov. 9 the two singing actors will perform songs from their PS Classics recording at the Tower Records at Lincoln Center. The performance will begin at 6 PM and will be followed by a CD signing. Tower Records is located at 66th Street and Broadway.
"Opposite You," the first solo recording from Mazzie and Danieley, is set to hit stores on Nov. 8. The complete track listing for the single CD follows:
1. "Honeysuckle Rose" (Thomas "Fats" Waller & Andy Razaf)
2. Harold Arlen Medley (Harold Arlen, Johnny Mercer & Ted Koehler)
"Come Rain or Come Shine"
"When the Sun Comes Out"
"That Old Black Magic"
3. "I Want You to Be" (Barbara Schottenfeld)
4. "I Got Lost in His Arms"/"Who Are You Now?" (Irving Berlin/Jule Styne & Bob Merrill)
5. Irving Berlin Medley (Irving Berlin)
"An Old Fashioned Wedding"
"You’re Just in Love"
6. "A Sorta Love Song" (Paul Loesel & Scott Burkell)
7. "I Won't Send Roses" (Jerry Herman)
8. "The Aba Daba Honeymoon" (Arthur Fields & Walter Donovan)
9. "Nellie the Nudist Queen" (Stuart Ross & Joe Sargent)
10. "The Natural Order of Things" (Paul Loesel & Scott Burkell)
Stephen Sondheim Medley (Stephen Sondheim)
12. "Good Thing Going"
13. "Too Many Mornings"
14. "Not a Day Goes By"
15. "Move On"
16. "Opposite You" (Stephen Flaherty & Lynn Ahrens)
A three-time Tony Award nominee for her performances in Kiss Me, Kate; Ragtime; and Passion, Marin Mazzie's other theatrical credits include Man of La Mancha, Into the Woods, Big River, The World Goes 'Round, the City Center Encores! production of Out of this World and Off-Broadway's The Trojan Women: A love Story, where she met husband Jason Danieley. Mazzie also starred in the London production of Kiss Me, Kate, where she earned an Olivier Award nomination for her work. The actress most recently received acclaim for her performance as Lily Garland in the Actors' Fund of America's benefit concert of On the Twentieth Century.
Jason Danieley, who played Dr. Rey in the Signature Theatre's production of The Highest Yellow, was most recently on Broadway as Malcolm MacGregor in The Full Monty, a role he repeated in London. For his Broadway debut in Candide, he received a Theatre World Award and a Drama Desk nomination. His other theatrical credits include the City Center Encores! production of Strike Up the Band as well as Off-Broadway runs in Dream True and Floyd Collins.
PS Classics is distributed exclusively by Image Entertainment. For more information, visit www.psclassics.com.