Minnelli's New Year's Gig Canceled Due to Hospitalization

News   Minnelli's New Year's Gig Canceled Due to Hospitalization Liza Minnelli, who was recently injured after falling from her bed, has canceled a series of concerts at the Miami nightspot Barton G.

Minnelli had been scheduled to offer 9 PM concerts, Dec. 29, 30 and 31. The New York Post reports that all three evenings have been canceled.

The Oscar, Grammy, Tony and Emmy Award winner was reportedly admitted to the hospital early Monday morning after falling out of bed and banging her head.

A police source told People Magazine's official website, "She was sleeping and she rolled out of bed. She hit her head. Her bodyguard got nervous and he called 911. He said he couldn't get her up. She wasn't bleeding. She was on the floor." A spokesperson for the hospital would not confirm the news.

It's been a difficult period for the 58-year-old actress, who is currently being sued both by her estranged husband David Gest and her former bodyguard and chauffeur. Both accuse the performer of battery and assault. Minnelli has filed countersuits against the two men.

Liza Minnelli, an Oscar winner for her performance in Cabaret, was last on Broadway in a tribute to her late father entitled Minnelli on Minnelli; she returned to New York City's Beacon Theatre with her acclaimed concert Liza's Back! In addition to her Tonys for Flora, the Red Menace and The Act, Minnelli was awarded a special Tony in 1974 for "adding lustre to the Broadway season." Her film credits include "The Sterile Cuckoo," "Arthur," "New York, New York" and "Stepping Out." The singer is also a Golden Globe and Emmy Award-winning actress. Her recent album, "Liza's Back!," is available on the J Records label, and "The Best of Liza Minnelli" was recently released on the Columbia/Legacy label.

Today’s Most Popular News: