The film will star 2013 Academy Award nominee Quvenzhane Wallis ("Beasts of the Southern Wild") in the title role alongside David Zayas ("Dexter," "Oz," Anna in the Tropics) as Lou, the local bodega owner; Golden Globe nominee Cameron Diaz ("There's Something About Mary") as Miss Hannigan; Adewale Akinnuoye-Agbaje ("Thor: The Dark World," "Pompeii") as Nash, the bodyguard and driver for Benjamin Stacks; Academy Award winner Jamie Foxx as Stacks, a potential mayoral candidate; Tony Award nominee Bobby Cannavale (The Big Knife, The Motherf**ker with the Hat) as a tough political adviser to Stacks; and Golden Globe nominee Rose Byrne ("Damages") as Grace.
Dorian Missick ("Southland") and Tracie Thoms (Sticky Fly, Drowning Crow) play characters described as Annie's "fake parents," resembling the characters of Rooster Hannigan and his girlfriend Lily in the original musical version.
A track listing follows:
1. Overture – Cast
2. Maybe – Quvenzhané Wallis, Zoe Margaret Colletti, Nicolette Pierini, Eden Duncan-Smith and Amanda Troya
3. It's The Hard-Knock Life – Quvenzhané Wallis, Zoe Margaret Colletti, Nicolette Pierini, Eden Duncan-Smith and Amanda Troya
4. Tomorrow – Quvenzhané Wallis
5. I Think I'm Gonna Like It Here (2014 Film Version) – Quvenzhané Wallis, Rose Byrne and Stephanie Kurtzuba
6. You're Never Fully Dressed Without a Smile (2014 Film Version) – Sia
7. Moonquake Lake – Sia and Beck
8. Little Girls (2014 Film Version) – Cameron Diaz
9. The City's Yours – Jamie Foxx & Quvenzhané Wallis
10. Opportunity – Quvenzhané Wallis
11. Easy Street (2014 Film Version) – Cameron Diaz & Bobby Cannavale
12. Who Am I? – Jamie Foxx, Cameron Diaz & Quvenzhané Wallis
13. I Don't Need Anything But You (2014 Film Version) – Jamie Foxx, Quvenzhané Wallis and Rose Byrne
14. Tomorrow (Reprise) – Cast
15. Opportunity (Sia Version) – Sia Annie opened April 21, 1977, at the Alvin Theatre and went on to win the New York Drama Critics Circle Award for Best Musical, seven Drama Desk Awards including Best Musical, the Grammy for Best Cast Show Album and seven Tony Awards, including Best Musical, Best Book (Thomas Meehan) and Best Score (Charles Strouse, Martin Charnin). The show was one of the biggest Broadway musical hits of the 1970s, running for almost six years and playing 2,377 performances. The musical was previously filmed in 1982 and remade for ABC-TV in 1999.
Annie's original score includes "Maybe," "It's the Hard Knock Life," "You're Never Fully Dressed Without a Smile," "Easy Street," "I Don't Need Anything But You" and "Tomorrow."