Playbill is seeking a creative, energetic, and innovative photographer to work closely with the editorial team covering necessary events and shoots as well as contributing to the creating and publishing of content online.
The ideal candidate should have at least three years of photographic experience—particularly with events and actor portraits. You should have the ability to edit, upload, and maintain high resolution photographs for use online and in print. You should also be willing to cover shoots as needed and be flexible with scheduling, as shoots can include weekends, late nights, and are often scheduled on a weekly basis. Also, the candidate should have a creative eye for interesting compositions to create distinguished photographs that represent and distinguish the brand.
A portfolio website is required.
◦ Photograph high-profile theatre events including red carpets, rehearsals, galas, and awards ceremonies
◦ Photograph special shoots for online and print
◦ Work with the editorial team to ensure all photographic needs for staff are met
◦ Enhance, retouch, and re-size photographs as needed
◦ Select and assemble equipment according to subjects, materials, and conditions
◦ Transfer photographs to computers for editing, archiving, and electronic transmission
◦ Compile and create online photo galleries and articles
◦ Identify and caption images
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
◦ At least three years of photographic experience
◦ Portrait experience, particularly with actors
◦ Experience editing, retouching, and enhancing images
◦ Familiarity with the Broadway and theatre community
◦ Ability to work efficiently within the CMS
◦ Knowledge of the Adobe Creative Suite, particularly Photoshop and Lightroom
◦ Excellent technical and photographic skills
◦ Strong communication and people skills
◦ Knowledge of basic copyright laws for photo usage
◦ Ownership of photo equipment a plus
Interested candidates should email email@example.com.