Marcovicci is making her Carlyle debut in a month-long engagement (through Oct. 27) with longtime musical director Shelly Markham in a program entitled Smile.
Marcovicci recently released a CD of her new show, also titled "Smile," via CDBaby.com.
The new recording features musical director/arranger Markham on piano, Kevin Axt on bass, M.B. Gordy on drums/percussion, Grant Geissman on guitar, banjo and ukulele, Giovanna Clayton on cello, Jeff Brunnell on cornet, flugelhorn and trumpet and James Honeyman on soprano and tenor saxophone.
The complete track listing follows:
1. It's Only a Paper Moon
2. Life Is Just a Bowl of Cherries/Are You Havin' Any Fun?
3. Ain't We Got Fun?
4. 12th Street Rag
5. Umbrella Man
6. Isn't This a Lovely Day?/Pick Yourself Up
7. Zing A Little Zong/ Mairzy Doats
8. Beyond Compare
9. If I Had You/It Had to Be You
10. (I Asked) The Moon/Sometimes I'm Happy/It All Depends on You
11. Shakespeare Lied
12. Look at Those Eyes
13. Glitter in the Air
14. You Make Me Feel So Young
15. Smile Marcovicci is the executive producer of "Smile"; producers are Shelly Markham and Lesley Alexander.
Andrea Marcovicci starred on Broadway in the short-lived musical Ambassador and in Frank D. Gilroy's Any Given Day. Her screen credits include roles in "The Front," "Someone to Love," "Jack the Bear," "Who Is Henry Jaglom?," "The Water Engine" and "Trapper John, M.D." It has been the cabaret stage, however, where she has received the most acclaim. The singer-actress has performed at Carnegie Hall, Avery Fisher Hall and in concert halls throughout the world. Her solo albums are numerous and include "Marcovicci Loves Movies," "What Is Love?," "Just Kern," "December Songs," "New Words," "Live from London" and "Some Other Time."
To read an interview with Marcovicci, click here.
For more information visit www.thecarlyle.com.