The Broadway revival of The Sound of Music will be among shows highlighted on the annual Jerry Lewis MDA Labor Day Telethon, being broadcast this year Sept. 6-7. Check local listings for stations.
Other scheduled acts from the world of theatre and cabaret (schedule subject to change). Times for the performances also have not been set:
* Members of the cast of Broadway's The Sound of Music will perform "Climb Ev'ry Mountain," "Do Re Mi" and possibly "Maria."
* Jerry Herman, composer of the scores for Hello, Dolly! La Cage aux Folles and other musicals, will perform number from his current Broadway retrospective, An Evening With Jerry Herman, which is scheduled to close Aug. 23, but may tour.
* Maureen McGovern and Victor Talmadge, stars of the King and I national tour, will do several songs. * The national touring company of Phantom of the Opera will perform live.
* Tap Dogs will perform a segment of their dance revue.
* Singer-pianist Michael Feinstein will play showtunes.
Also scheduled for the telethon are performances by pop stars Celine Dion, Billy Joel, Gloria Estefan, Hanson, Spice Girls; plus comedians Louie Anderson, Bill Cosby, Drew Carey, Bill Maher, Kevin Meaney and many more.
The telethon will also be transmitted live on the Internet using streaming audio and video technologies contributed by RealNetworks, the international leader in streaming media for the World Wide Web.
Hosted by Lewis for the 31st year, the telethon benefits research into Muscular Dystrophy and other neuromuscular diseases.