The violations were issued for accidents that occurred last year during the rehearsals and previews of the $65 million musical. The accidents involved three actors: one, who fell more than 20 feet during a performance of the musical, and two others, who sustained injuries while testing a sling-shot technique.
These safety violations do not include financial penalties, the Times says. Instead, producers of the new musical must continue to follow safety protocol that was implemented following the severe injuries of Christopher Tierney.
Safety officials for New York State are expected to continue unannounced inspections of the musical.
A spokesperson for the Julie Taymor musical told the Times Feb. 12 that the production "is in full compliance of Department of Labor guidelines and will continue to work with state officials to maintain the highest safety standards at all times."
Spider-Man is currently scheduled to officially open March 15.