1. NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER CONTEST. A PURCHASE DOES NOT IMPROVE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. The contest is open to all legal residents of the continental US (excluding Alaska, Hawaii, and Florida) who are 18 years of age or older or of the age of majority in their state of residence, whichever is older as of December 1, 2008. Employees of Equus ("Sponsor") and Playbill, Inc. ("Administrator") and their respective affiliated companies, subsidiaries, distributors, advertising and promotional agencies, any other companies associated with this contest and the members of the immediate families or households of each of the above are not eligible to participate.
2. To Enter: visit www.playbill.com/contests/equus to enter online and fill out the entry form. Or mail your answers to:
525 Seventh Avenue, Suite 1801
New York, NY 10018
Attn: EQUUS CONTEST
All entries must include your name, phone number, email address, and mailing address.
Only one (1) entry per person. Contest begins December 22, 2008 and ends January 5, 2009 12 pm EST. By submitting content, you confirm that all content is legally yours and has not been copied or plagiarized from others' materials. Content submitted is the property of Playbill, Inc. and may be used for promotional purposes without any further request or solicitation of permission. Online entries made by the same person with multiple e-mail addresses, under multiple identities or through the use of any agent or other device or artifice to enter multiple times will be deemed invalid. Use of any automated software is prohibited. Not responsible for lost, late, incomplete or misdirected entries or e-mail. For more contest information visit: playbill.com/contests/equus
3. The Prize Winners will be determined by random drawing on or about January 6, 2009 from among all eligible entries received, and will be notified by phone and/or mail. The Prize Winners must sign and return an Affidavit of Eligibility/Release of Liability and Publicity Form within 24 hours following first notification by phone, fax or email. Noncompliance within this time period, or the return of prize notification as undeliverable will result in disqualification and an alternate winner will be selected. All transportation and costs not specifically stated herein are the responsibility of the winner. Odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received.
4. Prizes: There will be one (1) Grand Prize Winner of the "Equus Contest." Grand Prize includes two (2) tickets to the performance of Equus on January 15, 2009 and a backstage meet and greet with the cast of Equus including star Daniel Radcliffe. Total value of the Grand Prize package is approximately $300.00 There will be 9 (nine) Runner Up Winners of the "Equus Contest." Runner's Up Prize included two (2) tickets to the performance of Equus on January 15, 2009. Total value of the Runner's Up Prize package is approximately $220.00.
5. All entries received will become the property of the Administrator who is responsible for conducting this contest and whose decisions on all matters relating to this contest are final, assumes no responsibility for damage caused by computer virus, or otherwise, to any computer resulting from entrant's access of the contest website or participation in the contest. All Internet access and usage charges are the responsibility of the entrant. If for any reason this online contest is not capable of running as planned, including, but not limited to, infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures or any other causes beyond the control of Administrator which corrupts or affects the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this contest, Administrator reserves the right at its sole discretion to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the contest. Persons found tampering with or abusing any aspect of this contest, or whom Administrator believes to be causing malfunction, error, disruption or damage will be disqualified. Administrator is not responsible for technical, hardware or software malfunctions, lost or unavailable network connections, or failed, incorrect, inaccurate, incomplete, garbled or delayed electronic communications whether caused by the sender or by any of the equipment or programming associated with, or utilized in, this contest or by any human error which may occur in the transmission or processing of the entries in this contest. Contest is subject to all federal, state and local laws and regulations. Void where prohibited by law.
6. Prize winners are solely responsible for all federal, state, and local taxes on prize, plus any other expenses in connection with use of prize including travel. Prizes are not transferable. Alternate prize(s) will not be offered, except by Administrator due to unavailability, in which case a prize(s) of equal or greater value will be substituted. No cash substitutions.
7. By accepting prize, winner agrees that Sponsor and Administrator, their affiliated companies, subsidiaries, distributors, advertising and promotional agencies and any other company associated with this program and the employees, officers, directors and agents of each, shall not be liable for injuries or losses of any kind resulting from, or in connection with, acceptance and/or use of prize or participation in prize-related activities.
8. By participating, entrants agree to be bound by the OFFICIAL RULES AND INSTRUCTIONS AND DECISIONS OF THE JUDGES. Acceptance of prize constitutes permission to use winner's name, photograph and/or likeness, and the backstage interview in excerpts or in full, for advertising or promotion on behalf of Playbill, Inc., in any and all media without limitation or further compensation, where allowable by law. In case of a dispute as to the identity of an online entrant, entry will be deemed to have been submitted by the authorized account holder of the e-mail address from which the entry is made. Authorized account holder is deemed as the natural person assigned to the e-mail address by the Internet access provider, service provider or other organization responsible for assigning e-mail addresses for the domain associated with the submitted e-mail address.
9. For the names of the winners after January 15, 2009, send a stamped, self-addressed envelope to: EQUUS CONTEST, Playbill, Inc. 525 Seventh Avenue, Suite 1801, New York, NY 10018
Sex Tips for Straight
Women from a Gay Man
The Snow Geese
Handle With Care
Little Miss Sunshine
Peter and the Starcatcher
The Glass Menagerie
ALSO SAVE ON
A Gentleman's Guide...
A Night with Janis Joplin
Rock of Ages
The Phantom of the Opera
The Snow Geese
Waiting for Godot