Samuel French, Inc
New York, NY 10003
Samuel French, Inc., the world’s premiere theatrical play publisher and licensing company, is hiring an entry level Accounting Assistant to join our extraordinary team. The Accounting Assistant is responsible for the payment of goods and services purchased by the organization. This role ensures that invoices are accurate and that proper accounting procedures are followed for the purchasing and payment of goods and services. The Accounting Assistant will support each member of the Accounting department as needed.
Responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
· Review all general supplier invoices for accuracy before issuing payment
· Ensure that general accounts payable are paid in a timely manner
· Respond to all general supplier inquiries
· Maintain and update all customer/supplier accounts
· File Accounting documents in proper place
· Prepare annual IRS Form 1099 for general suppliers
· Prepare annual IRS Form 1042 for general suppliers
· Proficiency in Microsoft Office
· Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting (or related Business field), or working towards completion of degree
· Ability to multitask and prioritize a variety of projects in a busy department
· Organized with the ability to show initiative, take responsibility, and follow through on projects
· High level of attention to detail
· Applicants must enjoy working as part of a motivated team and be willing to support other team members when help is needed
· Excellent written and oral communication skills
Professional and personal growth opportunities are available at Samuel French. Sharpen your skills and expand your knowledge of the theatrical publishing community. Exceptional people make an exceptional company. And an exceptional company is a fun place to work. That is why we hire team players who are creative, engaged, and ambitious.
Samuel French welcomes submissions from people of all ethnicities, gender identities, sexual preferences, ages, marital statuses, creed, etc.
How to Apply:
Please send cover letter (including salary requirements), resume and two references by email to firstname.lastname@example.org for immediate consideration. Applicants must reference JOB CODE in subject line of email: ACCNY-210917