New York, NY 10010
Want to work at a brand-spankin’ new company? Do you love Broadway and New York theatre? Do you want a supportive, fun work environment that will empower you to be the best you can be? Then Broadway Crew just might be for you. We are looking for an intern to help out with administrative and research-based duties with The Crew for the rest of this summer into the fall. Learn how to manage a street team, help our company evolve by putting lasting operational systems in place, and get real-world experience in starting a business in New York. We are constantly learning as well, but we’re happy to pass on what we know about creating a viable business.
WHEN: The position will begin when we find the ideal candidate.
HOURS: Ideally we are looking for 2-3 week days per week, 4-6 hours per day. This is flexible based on your schedule and needs. Minimum 6 week commitment with possible paid position in the fall.
WHAT: We offer (optional) college credit, an upbeat office environment, and lots of opportunities to see the shows we represent.
WHO: The ideal candidate will have experience in communications and/or digital marketing but it’s not mandatory. College students, college-aged individuals, recent college graduates, and young adults preferred, however we are an equal opportunity employer and welcome people from all walks of life to apply! We are really looking for individuals who can take a task and make it their own, who are self-starters and are always looking for the next job to do or creating one for themselves.
What you’re getting yourself into We believe in utilizing our staff’s skills to the fullest. We are easy going and understanding but there is always more work to be done. Responsibilities of this internship include:
* Research. We need to research industry events, client related events, New York hotels, you name it. There is a ton of research to do which will directly lead to new sales and growing the Broadway Crew brand.
* Reports. We do extensive reporting on every job that we do. We’ll show you how we do it and you may be responsible for writing some on your own.
* PR. Write press releases, reach out to journalists and expand the Broadway Crew network.
* Monitoring and updating the Broadway Crew website. This includes uploading media, adding pages, and writing copy.
* Miscellaneous tasks. We may need you to run up to times square to take pictures of our crew in action, run to a producer’s office to pick up flyers, or some other random thing this job requires. Never, under any circumstances, will we send you out for coffee.
* Free show tickets. You’ll get tickets to all of our clients’ shows. Always with a +1.
* Work in Broadway. We hob nob with the people who make Broadway happen. We’d love to have you along to meet them, too!
* Us. We’re passionate about what we do and are determined to make work fun.
This position will be constantly evolving and, as we grow, there is certainly the possibility of a paid position. We’re looking for someone who fits our culture, who loves Broadway, and isn’t afraid of hard work.
TO APPLY: Send a headshot/recent picture, resume, and brief statement about who you are and why you think you’d be a great fit to Join@BroadwayCrew.com.
September 2, 2019 - December 31, 2019