Brooklyn Academy of Music (BAM)
Brooklyn, NY 11217
BAM (Brooklyn Academy of Music) is a multi-disciplinary arts center located in Brooklyn, New York. For more than 150 years, BAM has been the home for adventurous artists, audiences, and ideas—engaging both global and local communities. With world-renowned programming in theater, dance, music, opera, film, and much more, BAM showcases the work of emerging artists and innovative modern masters.
The Advertising Coordinator works closely with BAM’s marketing team to plan, execute and analyze advertising campaigns for various BAM programs, partnering with marketers to help BAM reach its target audience with maximum effectiveness and efficiency. BAM’s marketing team is structured much like an internal agency, with lead marketers for each program or initiative and an in-house Creative Services department. The Advertising Coordinator acts as a media planner and trafficker for the division, reporting to the Director of Audience Development & Marketing.
- Essential Duties and Responsibilities Manage trafficking of BAM ads to various vendors, ensuring that creative assets are delivered accurately and on time
- Create multi-channel media plans that enable BAM to meet its revenue goals and deliver on marketing objectives while maximizing efficiency
- Cultivate productive relationships with advertising vendors and effectively negotiate competitive rates for BAM
- Test and analyze campaign and creative performance across various audiences and channels and develop data-driven recommendations for improving future performance
- Serve as subject matter expert on current and developing advertising opportunities
- Work with program managers to understand season/program target audiences, positioning, media strategies, revenue/attendance targets, and other goals
- Make informed recommendations on the best form of media/mix for specific campaigns and overall season across digital, social, outdoor, radio, print, and emerging media
- Present proposals, including cost schedules and implementation time lines to program managers
- Help team develop and agree on appropriate KPIs to use in measuring success of media plans
- Identify appropriate “test” scenarios to encourage learning and evaluation of the effectiveness of creative assets, messaging, targeting and other variables
- Oversee execution of paid advertising campaigns, including creating and managing schedules and budgets, negotiating competitive rates/partnerships with advertisers, working with in-house and external partners to deliver digital assets, reserving space, and executing agreements
- Maintain and organize advertising archive
- Regularly attend BAM performances
- Keep abreast of happenings in NYC/international arts and advertising arenas
- Required Education, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Communications, Liberal Arts, or a related discipline or equivalent work experience
- 1-3 years of experience in advertising, media planning or buying
- Adept at organizing, analyzing and manipulating data using Excel
- Works well in fast-paced environment
- Intellectual curiosity and passion for analytics
- Interest and understanding of changing digital landscape
- Experience with Project Management
- Interest in BAM programming and the not-for-profit arts world
- Success Factors and Behavioral Characteristics Detail-Oriented: A sharp eye for detail. Able to accurately manage and report on a large volume of quantitative information, including budgets, performance metrics and deadlines. Strong ability to proofread own work, as well as materials produced by others.
- Highly Organized: Keeps track of all the “moving pieces” in a campaign, managing a high volume of overlapping deadlines and deliverables. Adopts and creates systems to facilitate own organization and communication with others. Acts proactively to ensure that deadlines are met.
- Strong Collaborator and Communicator: Works closely with others to formulate plans that demonstrate a thorough understanding of their goals, constraints, and preferences. Able to clearly communicate both big-picture marketing strategy and critical details to outside vendors and partners. A strong listener who asks thoughtful questions.
- Structured Thinker: Creates clarity from complexity. Able to reconcile a variety of qualitative and quantitative inputs and considerations into streamlined, strategic plans.
Application Instructions: must complete an online application through BAM's website - no phone calls, emails or walk ins, please.
Salary: Full time salaried position with comprehensive benefits package, including pension. Check us out on Twitter/Instagram: #BAMCareers