The Public Theater
New York, NY 10003
Reporting to the Director of Information Technology, the Applications Systems Administrator is responsible for maintenance of day-to-day network and server operations. The position supports IT infrastructure-related applications, assists in analyzing business processes and facilitates implementation of new and innovative software applications. The position monitors the administration by stakeholders of various business applications to ensure best practices regarding any interaction with the organization’s IT infrastructure and network and data security.
· Perform daily system monitoring, verifying the integrity and availability of all hardware, server resources, systems and key processes, etc.
· Establish and maintain network login scripts and group policies in accordance with guidelines.
· Manage user accounts and maintain network security via the tools provided.
· Assist with the analysis of business processes and help develop new applications that will improve efficiency and standardize business operations.
· Monitor administration by stakeholders of various business applications to ensure best practices regarding any interaction with the organization’s IT infrastructure and network and data security.
· Analyze IT help requests to inform evaluation of the organization’s IT needs.
· Provide support for applications and files delivered via MS O365 and SharePoint.
· BS in Computer Science or related field of study or equivalent combination of education and experience.
· 2-3 years supporting major applications, systems and web infrastructures required.
· 2-3 years of experience managing a Cisco network and HP server farm required.
· Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office365 administration required. Knowledge of iOS a plus.
· Excellent hands-on technical and functional knowledge of HP, Cisco, Meraki, Hyper-V and Palo Alto software & equipment.
· Experience with on Prem and Cloud-based backup environments required.
· Microsoft Azure, Active Directory, and ADFS experience required.
· Technical knowledge of the PC and Web environments and ways to fix/optimize these environments necessary.
· CCNA, MCP or other certifications strongly preferred.
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills and an orientation towards effective and intelligent customer service.
· Excellent project and time management skills.
· Demonstrated ability to multi-task and work well under pressure with strong problem-solving abilities.
The Public is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Applicants from populations underrepresented in the theater field are strongly encouraged to apply. All qualified applications will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, familial status, sexual orientation, national origin, ability, age, or veteran status.
This is an Exempt position, according to the Fair Labor Standards Act.
Please submit cover letter and resume to email@example.com