New York, NY 10036
Art Director for Motion Graphics
Reports to: Content Director, Content Executive Producer
Direct Reports: Freelance Designers and Interns
· Conceptualize, storyboard, present to client, and play a large role in executing high quality gfx projects for a range of TV advertising and online applications.
· Strive for original, innovative and relevant design and provide impactful motion graphics solutions.
· Advertising and broadcast experience, color, and title safe, etc.
· Work alongside a talented team of art directors, copywriters, editors, and producers.
· Take a project from initial concept through testing, the production/post process, to final delivery under the agency directing team.
· Deliver on commitments and meet all internal / external deadlines, with an eye to building and bringing compositions to a final and finished look in a timely manner.
· Coordinate with external artists, third party vendors and motion graphics freelancers.
· Responsible for execution and quality control of all motion design work on assigned accounts.
· Collaborate with Directors, Designers and Production Artists working on your accounts to maintain brand consistency.
· Responsible for taking and questioning brief effectively from Content Director/Creative Director/Art Director, and adjusting/adapting designs in response to feedback and project evaluation.
· Responsible for delivering both conceptual and production projects.
· Be commercially aware. Time vs. profit.
· Assist with overseeing Content Department interns.
· Nurture and train any Junior Motion Designers and interns as assigned to your accounts.
· Keep up to date on technological trends and aesthetic innovations in the field of motion graphics, including the introduction of new techniques and software.
• At least 3 years work experience as a creative motion designer.
• Ability to articulate and create complex ideas and bring them to life in motion.
• A conceptual thinker with the confidence to be able to pitch ideas both to the team and clients.
• Dedication, flexibility, reliability, good organizational skills, and a high degree of responsibility.
• Advanced After Effects animation with plugin knowledge.
• Cinema 4D, high level animation quality, rendering and lighting (Physical Render) and Basic Modeling a plus.
• Applicant needs to be based in NYC.
Please include a cover letter, resume, and reel to firstname.lastname@example.org with "Motion Graphics" in the subject line. No phone calls or recruiters please.
May 1, 2017 -