Assistant Director, Loyalty Marketing
New York Philharmonic
New York, NY 10023
The New York Philharmonic seeks an Assistant Director, Loyalty Marketing to manage and optimize existing customer loyalty marketing strategies and develop and implement new loyalty campaigns. This position will plan and implement lifecycle marketing initiatives that expand and deepen customer purchasing and attendance relationships; including management of the large subscription campaign which includes annual sales of curated fixed seat and flexible create your own packages of 3 to 8 concerts. Finally, the Assistant Director, Loyalty Marketing will own market research working with external vendors and internal stakeholders to evaluate customer surveys and translate those insights into actionable recommendations.
Responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Lead the subscription campaign and other marketing loyalty efforts to increase retention, reduce churn, and expand lifetime value of customers
- Manage acquisition and retention strategies of customer segments at various stages in their loyalty journey ranging from new market prospects to first time attendees to multi-single ticket buyers to multi-concert package subscribers.
- Track and analyze the results of loyalty campaigns and report on year over year trends and make recommendations for optimization and improvement
- Project mange the annual subscription campaign including budget, planning timelines, developing offers, and monitoring weekly subscription sales progress compared to previous years and toward meeting audience and revenue targets
- Collaborate closely with colleagues in Customer Relations & Experience, Development, Design Services, Digital, and Public Relations teams to develop subscription campaign marketing/communications including advertisements, website landing pages, mass direct mail, personalized letters/order forms, email communications, and telemarketing
- Define and document project and creative briefs, business rules, and procedures for loyalty marketing campaigns
- Manage vendors to conduct customer and market research including surveys, focus groups and other research to drive organization strategy and brand improvements
- Act as marketing liaison with Customer Relations & Experience collaborating on customer experience and front of house activities including subscriber appreciation month and surprise and delight
- Manage and occasionally write/edit copy for high-touch personalized communications including letters, pre and post-concert emails, surveys, and more
- Develop, lead and manage the Coordinator, Loyalty Marketing
- Miscellaneous duties as required.
The ideal candidate will be a marketing leader with proven success in lifecycle/loyalty marketing. Bachelor’s degree and a minimum of 7 years’ experience in marketing/CRM with 3 years demonstrated leadership and direct supervision of staff required.
The candidate must have proven success and experience with marketing campaigns; CRM; audience development; customer research and analysis; building and maintaining internal and external collaborative relationships. The candidate should also have strong experience developing strategy for mass direct mail campaigns with robust response rates and revenue goals. Prior experience in sales of multi-event subscriptions, memberships, or package products required. The candidate should have strong analytical skills and a data driven approach to problem solving and the ability to work effectively and strategically in an incredibly fast-paced environment. Must possess excellent interpersonal communication skills with the ability to motivate and influence others.
Previous experience working within the entertainment or performing arts sector preferred. Experience with Tessitura or similar CRM database preferred.
The New York Philharmonic offers a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, life, long term disability insurance, generous vacation and sick days, 403(B) plan match, commuter benefits, and more.
Please submit a resume and a cover letter along with your salary expectations to firstname.lastname@example.org.
No phone calls, please. Although we appreciate your interest, we will only contact applicants we are considering for interview.
APPLY BY EMAILSend e-mail to resumes...
*NOTE: Do not copy/paste the above email address as it is encoded with SPAM protection. Just click it to initiate an email from your preferred email client.