Second Stage Theater
New York, NY 10036
Assistant Production Manager
The Production Management department is seeking a temporary Assistant Production Manager for September 2019 – November 2019. The Assistant Production Manager will support all administrative activities for the Production Management department with a primary initial focus on additional administrative support. Experience with Microsoft Office, attention to detail, and a sense of humor are required.
Second Stage Theater produces an adventurous range of premieres, musicals, bold new interpretations of contemporary plays, and unique theatrical experiences from America’s most dynamic writers of the 21st century. Through the discovery of emerging talent, the commissioning of new work, and the creation of a training base for directors, Second Stage reflects the diverse city and the world we live in today and reaches an ever‐growing audience through its Broadway runs, national tours and regional productions. Second Stage is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer and strongly encourages all interested parties to apply.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
· Support Production Management department by updating production and space calendars
· Reconciliation of production expenses incurred over the course of productions
· Process out of pocket reimbursements and petty cash reconciliations
· Process new hire paperwork
· Source and order hardware and other materials for productions
· Archive stage management production books
· Support the Production Management department in any errands/general office or production
· Print, scan, and copy various documents as needed
· Organize digital archival files and Dropbox materials
· Other duties as assigned
Candidates should possess a college degree with a focus on production or arts management or comparable professional experience.
This is a full-time position: Monday-Friday with some evenings and weekends required.
For more information on Second Stage, visit www.2st.com.
To apply: email resume, cover letter, and salary requirements to email@example.com with subject line: Assistant Production Manager. No phone calls, please.