New York, NY 10004
ASSISTANT TO THE TECHNICAL DIRECTOR, CMF/Wistar Productions at Cipriani 25 Broadway
Reports To: Technical Director, CMF/Wistar
- Maintain detailed inventory of all technical gear (lighting/audio/video/rigging/staging), as well as production office supplies. Arrange repairs and purchases as necessary.
- Book and schedule video and staging crews per event as directed by Technical Director.
- Attend banquets meetings as a representative of the production team. Take detailed notes and distribute.
- Keep event documents up to date, and create new documents as needed (cue sheets, diagrams, runs of show, etc).
- Help maintain site safety and efficiency by noting deficiencies and recommending corrective action.
- Meet with event clients to discuss and explain technical systems and possibilities in the venue.
- Showcase the technology of the space in an engaged and informative manner.
- Participate hands-on in regular maintenance of projectors/server racks/camera equipment.
- Provide backup support for Technical Director, Integrator, and/or Head of Video as needed/directed.
- A wide range of technical skills and expertise (lighting, video, audio, rigging and scenic).
- Basics of lighting control (dimmers, consoles, electricity).
- Familiarity and ease with Google Drive and Microsoft Office.
- Clear and concise writing and speech.
- Familiarity with troubleshooting for technical systems (electrical, computer, lighting, etc).
- Ability to identify and solve problems efficiently and effectively.
The following skills would be a plus:
Video System Operation (Watchout, Isadora, Playback Pro, Switching)
Show Control/Media Server Experience
ETC Eos/Ion Programming
Lighting (Design concepts and gear)
Audio (Design concepts and gear)
Drafting (2D and 3D Vectorworks)
TYPICAL WORK SCHEDULE
May 22, 2019 -