New York, NY 10022
ICM Partners, a major talent and literary agency with offices in New York, Los Angeles, and London, is seeking an exceptional, resourceful Assistant with a proven track record of being highly organized and detail oriented, to support a theater agent and a business affairs executive. The successful candidate must have prior administrative experience in a professional office environment and should have familiarity with the national theater landscape.
• Work on variety of theater negotiations and contracts including comparing drafts of contracts to indicate any changes and vetting first drafts of contracts to make sure they adhere to ICM and/or client precedent
• Once baseline deal terms are negotiated by agents, track contract drafts and negotiations until contracts are ready for closing
• Coordinate signing of contracts by client and/or theater producers; upload all contracts into database
• Keep over 50 client calendars current and maintain database of interest checks
• Daily interfacing with clients, and theater production departments and general managers
• Handle pressure in a professional and upbeat manner
• Answering and directing a high volume of phone calls
• Track Client invoicing and payments
• Maintain a working knowledge of historical contracts / client precedents.
• Schedule meetings, trips, and organize expenses
• Excellent problem solver with ability to make sound and practical decisions quickly
Reasonable Accommodations Statement
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable Accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Competencies, Skills & Abilities:
• Bachelor’s degree required
• Previous experience at an agency, not-for-profit or commercial producing management or production office or comparable environments strongly preferred
• Minimum of 2 years of prior administrative experience preferred
• Strong attention to detail is a must!
• Ability to work well in a fast-paced environment
• Be able to interact with colleagues at all levels and in various departments within the Company
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to communicate professionally with colleagues, clients and buyers
• Must have superb organizational, time management, and project management skills
• Proficiency in MS office, Excel and Outlook
• Have a personable yet professional demeanor
• Working knowledge of legal contracts useful
• Seeking long term commitment to position (at least 1+ year) and ability to start immediately
Education: BA/BS degree with a strong academic record. Concentration in areas of Theater, Business Administration, or Business Affairs strongly preferred
Experience: A minimum of a year of work experience in a professional office environment required.
Computer Skills: Proficiency in MS Outlook, Excel, Word, and PowerPoint. Expert level with Windows/PCs. Knowledge and experience with multi-line office phones.