Thursday Night Club –
ASSOCIATE DIRECTOR, Job Posting
Audio Initiative is an innovative new company combining the world of theater and the groundbreaking platform of Podcasting.
We are seeking a young, energetic and creative Associate Director to join our team. We have a project beginning the first week of October that we need an immediate hire for, but we are looking to create a long-term relationship for future projects.
The Associate Director will attend all rehearsal and recording sessions from September 27 – October 4. Responsibilities will include:
- Read and study the script; discuss the interpretation and production concept with the Director.
- Attend all production meetings, when applicable
- Assist the Director as needed. Sit in during rehearsals, taking notes and actively watching and listening. Communicate regularly with the Director regarding the progress of the production.
- Run special rehearsals such as line-throughs, speed-throughs, etc. if the Director requests it.
- Take line, and/or dialect notes.
- Insure that the appropriate people and/or organizations are thanked in the post production for their contributions
- Makes notes for the Director as instructed during rehearsals. Share these notes with the Director who may communicate them to the cast and/or crew.
- The Assistant Director may be asked to type up any rehearsal notes taken by the Director for distribution to the cast and/or crew.
- This position offers the associate director the opportunity to, at times, work directly with the performers.
September 27, 2019 - October 4, 2019