New York, NY 10001
The New York office of Frost Productions is seeking a highly-motivated and experienced Audio Services Manager, based in the Tri-State area (New York, New Jersey and Connecticut) to work on a full time basis.
The Audio Services Manager is responsible for managing the overall Audio operations of Frost Productions. This position encompasses a variety of responsibilities in the field, office, and shop. The Audio Services Manager works closely with clients and Frost’s internal teams (Sales, Production, Operations, and Warehouse) in an effort to achieve the successful design and implementation of all audio jobs. Efficient management of the audio staff and the audio inventory, while staying on top of the ever-changing demands of a fast-paced schedule, are integral to achieving success in this position.
Salary Range: $85,000+; commensurate with experience
• Work with the Sales team and clients to efficiently finalize proposals and budgets in a timely manner.
• Oversee the overall design and specification of audio systems for all events requiring audio services, including the use of acoustical-prediction software, when applicable.
• Draft audio systems in Vectorworks and coordinate with project management to integrate audio systems into common job drawings.
• Provide on-site audio staff with clear technical documents for each event, such as riders, signal-flow diagrams, stage plots, cue lists, etc., to ensure that the proper quality of service is met on all audio jobs.
• Coordinate with Sales and Production to advance all talent needs with external production teams.
• Manage the scheduling process for the audio team, in coordination with the Scheduling team.
• Regularly visit event sites to observe and evaluate staff, and system performance.
• Manage the audio inventory (gear turn arounds, rentals and repairs) with appropriate Warehouse staff.
• Coordinate with the Operations team to review résumé’s and conduct job interviews for all audio staff.
• Previous audio experience in Arena/Touring, Broadcast, Special Events, Corporate, and Hotel settings.
• Minimum 10 years of live audio experience with a minimum of 2 of those years in a managerial role.
• Advanced mixing skills and working knowledge of digital consoles, specifically those manufactured by DiGiCo, Yamaha and Midas, including integration with Waves Soundgrid.
• Advanced system-management skills, including designing and spec’ing of multi-zone systems with a combination of line arrays and point-source speakers, as well as advanced audio-networking design, including Dante and system protocols.
• Proficiency with standard audio-related software such as, but not limited to, Shure Workbench 6, Qlab, Dante Controller, Harman Audio Architect, Martin Audio Display & Vu-Net.
• Working knowledge of audio-related rigging gear and practices.
• Strong verbal and written communication skills, as well as organization and time-management skills.
• Availability and willingness to work extended hours including nights, weekends, holidays, and be on call as necessary.
• Punctuality, professionalism, and a positive, collaborative attitude when working with clients and co-workers.
• Comfortable working at heights with ladders, lifts (Genies or scissor lifts) and scaffolding.
• Able to lift and move in excess of 60 pounds unassisted, plus lift and move 100 pounds with assistance.
• Any audio-related certifications, especially any related to the above mentioned manufacturers.
To apply, please send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com with the title of the job you are applying for in the subject line.
Frost Productions provides high-end, full-service production solutions to the special events market. Our clientele ranges from prominent cultural institutions and corporations to private individuals and organizations. With over 40 years of providing dynamic solutions to our clients, Frost continues to innovate and explore new mediums in the special events market. We pride ourselves in the ability to push the boundaries of proven technology and to provide our clients with new and innovative solutions and experiences. Our solutions often create whole environments, through the use of lighting, video, audio, décor and custom-fabricated scenic elements.
June 10, 2019 -