New York, NY 10018
AV Production Manager
SEQUENCE IS LOOKING FOR AN A-M-A-Z-I-N-G Production Manager TO JOIN OUR TEAM!
Sequence is an award-winning events agency specializing in production, strategic planning and design. We work with a mix of corporate, association and non-profit clientele and events include galas, launches, conferences, awards shows and beyond. Sequence is headquartered in New York, NY and executes events worldwide. Read more at www.Sequence-Events.com.
About the Position:
This full-time position is an excellent opportunity to lead a growing department within the events industry with a successful and growing agency. You will be taking the lead in client interactions, overseeing and developing junior staff, and putting your mark on a range of corporate and non-profit events within our roster.
- 5-10 years of industry experience (event agency experience a plus)
- Audio visual, production, and/or technical theater background
- Bring a clear understanding of how humans move through space (most typically on a stage) in the context of an event environment
- Serve as Producer, Technical Director and/or Project Manager as a project requires
- Ability to clearly communicate an event or show vision through AV & technical cues
- Experience with union labor specifics & NYC street permitting a plus
- Positive can-do attitude, with no task too big or too small
- Strong & confident communication skills – both written and oral
- Creative, tactical, a problem-solver and a self-starter
- Comfortable working in a team environment, both taking and giving direction
- Ability to successfully multi-task, and take full ownership of assigned projects
- Hard working, and recognize this business does not have set hours
- Incredibly resourceful, aware of industry trends
- Willing to travel
- Liaise with clients & vendors and help enhance relationships with Sequence
- Translating client & event needs into AV and other technical vendor sourcing
- Understand AV and other technical vendor contracts with the ability to negotiate on behalf of Sequence and our clients
- Manage production for a wide variety of clients and events, including:
- Manage in-house production team, as well as external vendors (such as script writers, lighting designers, video editors, etc.)
- Identify and manage all AV needs, suggest thoughtful event enhancements
- Manage creation of video and all other on-screen media, including content collection, organization and execution
- Think strategically about client goals, event formats and program structures
- Work collaboratively Sequence project teams, design department, hired contractors and on-site event & production staff
- Create and own all necessary production documents (project tracker, ROS, cue sheets, backstage flow & directions, scripting, etc.)
- Confidently lead client-facing production meetings
- Coordinate with event teams related to event budgets, timelines, schedules and bring a full understanding of overall event logistics
- Develop and maintain productions budgets
- Participate in creative brainstorms to generate ideas for clients
- Manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Oversee department’s administrative tasks such as securing staff, confirming day rates and call times, ensuring proper handling of media, supplies needs, etc.
Benefits: Health, dental, vision, 401k, flexible vacation, an emphasis on work-life balance, all the delicious snacks you can eat, Sequence University onboarding & continuing education program, birthday cakes, and a really fun group of people to hang out with every day! (Note: Bachelorette Pool participation is optional).
Please submit the following in an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line: “Production Manager”
- Cover letter that includes something unique about you and why you want to work at Sequence.
- An up-to-date resume
- We highly-recommended an option to provide something that demonstrates what makes you unique (ex: blog post, video, details about your dream vacation, who would play you in a movie, etc.).
- Salary requirements
- Potential start date
NO PHONE CALLS, PLEASE!
February 12, 2018 -