New York, NY 10036
Signature Theatre, one of New York's leading off-Broadway theatres, is seeking a Bookstore Attendant.
Applicants from populations underrepresented in the theater field are strongly encouraged to apply.
Founded in 1991, Signature Theatre celebrates playwrights and gives them an artistic home, producing six to eight productions annually. In 2005 Signature began its groundbreaking Signature Ticket Initiative, providing affordable tickets to all its productions. In 2012, Signature opened the Pershing Square Signature Center, the Frank Gehry-designed 75,000 square foot Center featuring three theatres, two rehearsal studios, a central, public lobby with a café and bookstore, as well as administrative offices. In 2014, Signature became the first New York City theatre to receive the Regional Theatre Tony Award.
Bookstore Attendants manage our onsite bookstore, provide customer service and facilitate sales of literature and merchandise to Signature subscribers, theater-goers and the public. The position responsibilities include cash handling, inventory tracking, setup, breakdown, presentation and customer engagement.
This part time position requires a flexible schedule and generally includes evening shifts Tuesday - Sunday, Wednesday, Saturday, and Sunday matinees, and holidays. Applicants must have specific availability for the 2019 holiday season.
This is a part-time, seasonal position without benefits.
Compensation is $18/hour
Responsibilities and Duties INCLUDE
• Assisting in-person customers with inquires and purchases
• Maintaining and assuming responsibility for the visual aesthetic of the bookstore, including lifting and placing books and merchandise
• Inventory tracking and reordering
• Communicating informational messages to visitors
• Nightly reconciliations and deposits
• Opening and closing the retail space
• Assisting with special projects as needed
Qualifications and Requirements
· Communication skills that demonstrate clarity, openness and helpfulness
· Minimum of six months of experience in retail, cash handling and customer service is preferred
· Experience and literacy with Apple OS, PC and Microsoft Office Suite is preferred
· Familiarity with Square POS or other systems is a plus
Please email cover letter and resume with references to email@example.com. Please include “Bookstore Attendant” in the subject line.
No phone calls, please. For more information about Signature, visit: www.signaturetheatre.org.
Signature is committed to equity, diversity and inclusion and welcomes candidates who have demonstrable experience advocating for underrepresented communities.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, ancestry, national origin, citizenship, religion, gender, sex, sexual orientation, affectional preference, gender identity or expression, sexual and reproductive health decisions, pregnancy, disability, genetic predisposition, age, military or veteran status, marital or familial status, or any other protected characteristic, in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.