The Shakespeare Theatre of New Jersey
Madison, NJ 07940
REPORTS TO: Director of Marketing and Public Relations
STATEMENT OF POSITION RESPONSIBILITIES:
The Shakespeare Theatre of New Jersey seeks a Box Office Manager with excellent leadership, organizational and customer service skills.
· Supervise/manage patron services staff and two assistant managers/house managers
· Serve as point person for all box office operations
· Managing subscription, single ticket, groups and student matinee sales
· Compile accurate reporting for marketing, development, education and business offices
· Leads by example at all times and provides the highest level of customer service to all guests, vendors and clients.
· Assist with program advertising sales, as well as sales of education programming including tours, classes, and in-school residencies
· Previous box office, sales and staff management experience
· Computer knowledge, particularly all aspects of both Microsoft office and G-suite applications
· Strong organizational skills and attentional to detail
· Excellent writing and verbal skills
· Ability to be flexible andork under pressure while maintaining a great sense of humor
· Previous experience with any ticketing systems, particularly Theatre Manager, is a plus, but not required.
The Shakespeare Theatre of New Jersey is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against race, gender or preference. The salary for this position is competitive and will be commensurate with experience. The Theatre also offers an excellent benefits package including health, vision, life and dental insurance, vacation benefits and a TIAA retirement plan.
Please submit cover letter, resume, and 3 references including email and phone number to: JSherman@ShakespeareNJ.org. No phone calls, please.