New York, NY 10022
59E59 Theaters seeks a part-time Box Office Supervisor for a busy nonprofit Off-Broadway rental/presenting three-theater complex in midtown.
Duties include, but are not limited to,
· In-person and telephone ticket sales through Spektrix ticketing system.
· Processing email ticket orders.
· Distributing tickets at will call.
· Supervising and designating tasks to part-time Box Office Associates.
· Pulling reports, opening and closing out the box office at the start and end of the day.
· Providing exceptional customer service to theater Members and Subscribers, single ticket buyers and visiting theater companies.
· Assisting the Box Office Manager as needed.
A strong staff and task management, cash-handling, and customer service experience is required. Performing-arts box office experience is preferred, particularly with computerized ticketing systems and window sales. Experience in Google Drive (Docs/Sheets/Forms) is a plus.
The ideal candidate will have the ability to make quick decisions in a fast-paced environment, especially in the absence of higher management, with confidence. They will be detail-oriented, meticulous, punctual, even-tempered, kind, good-humored, professional in appearance and clear in both spoken and written communication. General availability for weekday shifts, though weekend and evening shifts are strongly preferred - the ability to commit to work full days on Sundays and/or Mondays is required.
Qualified candidates should email a cover letter (in body of email) and resume (as a Word or PDF attachment) including 2-3 work references to firstname.lastname@example.org, with your full name/Box Office Supervisor in the subject line. Only those considered to be good candidates for the position will be contacted. No phone calls please.