New York, NY 10036
Broadway News (www.broadway.news) is the new home for original theater journalism from Broadway Brands (broadwaybrands.com), publisher of Broadway Briefing (broadwaybriefing.com) and Broadway Business (broadwaybusiness.com).
Broadway News is seeking qualified journalism interns for Summer and Fall 2019. The intern reports to the Editor in Chief, with tasks including fact-checking, proofreading and background research for articles.
Our program offers students and emerging professionals:
• experience at a unique theater journalism start-up
• exposure to news research, and editorial and operational coverage on a daily basis
• possibility of contributing to stories, based on experience and skill
• opportunities to attend industry events
• weekly stipend and a rewarding experience
This internship program is open to undergraduate students, graduate students, and early-career professionals. Interns must meet the following criteria:
• Have earned or are currently earning a college/university degree in related field
• Available a minimum of 16 hours per week
• Excellent communication skills
• An interest in journalism and Broadway with prior work, internship or classroom experience
We offer three programs a year: Fall, Spring and Summer.
We offer a weekly stipend. Interns are not eligible for company medical benefits, holiday pay or sick pay.
How to Apply:
To apply, please send cover letter, resume, and references to firstname.lastname@example.org.