The Wilma Theater
Philadelphia, PA 19107
The Wilma Theater seeks a Business Manager. This position is tantamount to CFO with overall responsibility for accounting, finance, systems administration and personnel data tracking. This position is also the liaison to the Treasurer of the Board of Directors, and manages activities of the Finance Committee. The Business Manager supervises the Business Associate and reports to the Managing Director.
Successful candidates will be able to prepare financial statements, reconciliations and balance sheets, manage audits, and collaborate with department heads to create and maintain budgets while maintaining a positive attitude.
If you are excited about the prospect of collaborating with everyone and everything at the Wilma and if you want to help us create new systems and procedures to support our Next Chapter, this is the job for you.
To apply, please send resume, cover letter, and references to HR@WilmaTheater.org addressed to Neil Kutner, Interim Managing Director. No phone calls.
· 3-5 years running a business office
· Nonprofit experience preferred
Salary range is in the high 60s.
As an EOE, the Wilma Theater will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. Position Responsibilities:
1. Manage General Ledger and prepare or oversee preparation of all entries and adjustments necessary to insure accurate, timely reporting.
2. Prepare monthly financial statements as well as any other financial statements required by management or the board (Income Statements, P&L’s, Balance Sheet, etc.). Distribute draft financial statements to Managing Director for review upon completion. Supervise distribution of department-specific year-to-date financial statements to Department Heads each month.
3. Prepare Balance Sheet for Managing Director. Manage cash needs; notify Managing Director of potential cash shortfalls and/or excess cash available for investment. Communicate cash shortfalls to Finance Committee.
4. Manage annual on-site audit and 990 preparations in close association with auditors. Maintain year-round relationship with auditors in realm of business systems and financial management.
5. Oversee monthly reconciliation for all Wilma checking and investment accounts. Oversee input into the Microsoft Dynamics GP system.
6. Manage all banking relationships.
7. Supervise Associate Business Manager.
8. Review weekly payroll and accounts payable prior to final check processing for accuracy.
9. Create royalty reports associated with all productions pursuant to details of contracts negotiated by Managing Director.
10. Create all union reports and make union payments as required by CBA’s
11. Work with Box Office and Development departments to maintain accurate reporting procedures and systems for all box office and contribution receipts.
12. Work with Development department to create and track budgets in support of fundraising.
1. Coordinate annual budgeting process and regual budget reviews, working with Managing Director. Prepare budgeting for all salaries/benefits, general and administrative, and systems areas.
2. Work with Managing Director to prepare materials for Executive and Finance Committees, and for full Board meetings. Attend Finance Committee and Board meetings and other committee meetings as required by Managing Director.
3. Prepare financial materials necessary for government, corporate, and foundation grant proposals; oversee financial compliance reporting. Review proposals for continuity and accuracy between narrative and financial statements. Manage completion of annual TCG, LORT, DataArts and other surveys. Business Management:
1. Supervise general office administration functions and office machinery (postage, fax, copier, telephones) contracts. Analyze systems and costs; seek new vendors when inefficiencies exist.
2. Assist on other projects as assigned by Managing or Artistic Directors.
1. Provide Orientation and materials for all new full-time staff hires at start of employment.
2. Administer all employee benefits
a. Health and Dental Insurance
b. 403(b) Pension Plan
c. Fitness Memberships
3. Manage all claims and filings for insurance policies of all types; Health, Dental, General Liability, Workers Compensation, Directors and Officers Liability
4. Maintain relationship with Insurance brokers for the purpose of renewals for all insurance policies