Second Stage Theater
Child Guardian - Job Description
Second Stage Theater seeks an experienced Child Guardian for its upcoming production of THE UNDERLYING CHRIS, by Will Eno and directed by Kenny Leon.
Second Stage Theater produces an adventurous range of premieres, musicals, bold new interpretations of contemporary plays, and unique theatrical experiences from America’s most dynamic writers of the 21st century. Through the discovery of emerging talent, the commissioning of new work, and the creation of a training base for directors, Second Stage reflects the diverse city and the world we live in today and reaches an ever‐growing audience through its Broadway runs, national tours and regional productions. Second Stage is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer and strongly encourages all interested parties to apply.
Key dates for the production are as follows:
First Rehearsal: October 1, 2019
Tech: October 23-29, 2019
First Preview: October 29, 2019
Opening: November 21, 2019
End of Subscription Run: December 15, 2019
End of Max Run: December 22, 2019
Child Guardian must be available for all rehearsals and performances.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Supervising and overseeing the safety, well-being and professional behavior of the youth members of the acting company (“Young Company”) employed in the Play and ensuring the orderly conduct of the children while in the theatre.
- Working with the parents (or other designated legal guardians) of the children in the Play to arrange the timely and safe arrival and departure of the children to/from the theatre or other work site.
- Attend all rehearsals, fittings and performances from 30 minutes prior to the first call of Young Company, or as called by Stage Management, through the release of the last member of the Young Company to an approved guardian.
- Be present for all rehearsals of Young Company and assure each Young Company member is on time and prepared after each break. Provide assistance with line memorization, blocking memorization, entrance and exit preparedness and other tasks assigned to Young Company during the rehearsal and tech rehearsal process.
- Maintain up-to-date information on approved guardian(s) and contact information.
- Serve as liaison between Young Company members, parents of children, stage management and other departments of Second Stage Theater as required.
- Provide a reasonably calm and quiet environment for Youth Company members during rehearsals and performances. Maintain focus and professionalism among the Young Company members and keep them on task to include, but not be limited to, guiding Young Company members to and from entrances and exits, assuring Young Company members are in the correct costume and have any necessary props.
Candidates should possess significant comparable professional experience and will be subject to a background check.
For more information on Second Stage, visit www.2st.com.
To apply: email resume, cover letter, and salary requirements to email@example.com with subject line: Child Guardian. No phone calls, please.