NY Kids Club is the premier children's enrichment center in New York City and Chicago. Our industry-renowned curriculum is cultivated by our creative, talented, forward-thinking teams. We set the standard for innovative, stimulating children's classes, preschool, day camps, birthday celebrations, and special events. NY Kids Club boasts a company culture that nurtures talent and promotes all high-performing team members on the basis of merit. We pride ourselves on an environment that calls for people who are fun-loving, have a great sense of humor, have pride in what they do and take their work seriously.
The Children's Fitness Coach actively works in our children's fitness and gymnastic classes and help channel our young gymnast's energy in the most positive way. By providing daily physical activities as a core component of early education, fitness and gymnastics can challenge every child's body. Our children’s fitness and gymnastic classes involve all aspects of agility, balance, and coordination and require fluid body movement focusing on core strength.
As a Children’s Fitness Coach at NY Kids Club, you will:
- Possess basic tumbling skills such as cartwheel, forward roll, and handstand and be comfortable instructing young children on how to perform these skills
- Be patient and confident in managing 7 children at a time
- Be well-spoken, cheerful, and compassionate
- Be professional and communicative with parents and caregivers
- Willingness to learn
- A background in fitness (gymnastics, cheer, dance, or other related field)
- High level of enthusiasm and a fun-loving attitude
- Understanding the benefits of non-competitive gymnastics
- A team player with a passion for working with children and helping them succeed
- Competitive pay based on experience
- Eligibility for health, dental, vision and life insurance, 401(k)
- Flexible workload based on availability
- Ongoing professional training and development
- Career advancement opportunities
- Reduced gym-cost membership
- Access to preferred seating and special offers for top shows, attractions, theme parks, sporting events, movie tickets, hotels and much more through Plum Benefits
- Company-wide events and team bonding activities
- Energetic and collaborative team environment
The physical demands described here are representative of those that are to be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to stand; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; talk or hear and taste or smell. The employee is frequently required to walk. The employee is occasionally required to climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch. The employee must regularly lift and /or move up to 25 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
The statements in this job description are intended to describe the essential nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be ALL responsibilities or qualifications of the job.
NY Kids Club is an EEO Employer