Communications Manager, Joe's Pub
The Public Theater
New York, NY 10003
Communications Manager, Joe’s Pub
The Public Theater is looking for a full time Communications Manager to work in Joe’s Pub. The Communications Manager will strategize and execute publicity for 700+ annual performances, artistic programs, institutional efforts, and offsite events.
- Lead and execute publicity strategy for the venue, performances, and related programs and initiatives.
- Write and distribute press releases to local, mainstream, niche, and national outlets – print, web, TV, radio, etc.
- Pitch editors and writers for short and long lead placements ranging from listings to feature pieces.
- Communicate with artists and their teams to coordinate promotional efforts.
- Collaborate with Marketing Manager on promotional strategy for venue, programs and shows, including cross-promo, sponsorships and more.
o Consult on promotional material production – photos, graphics, etc.
o Produce original digital content, from booking talent and tech to distribution strategy.
o Identify and pursue traditional and non-traditional opportunities to increase public awareness of the venue and artists.
- Manage and facilitate press requests, both onsite at performances and around
- Liaise with The Public’s Communications Department on cross-organization efforts.
o Manage extensive approval processes through the larger organization.
o Create awareness around new and existing initiatives at Joe’s Pub to capitalize on institutional promotional opportunities.
- Oversee social media strategy and execution with Communications Associate and digital consultant.
- Craft language and copy around new and existing projects as well as maintain style guidelines across promotions.
- Maintain archive of all Joe’s Pub-related stories, reviews, previews, photos and videos.
- Co-manage Communications Associate (with Joe’s Pub Marketing Manager).
- Support Joe’s Pub artist community through artist residencies, commissions and development programs
- Coordinate with house photographers / videographers for show coverage
· 5+ years press / media experience in music and performing arts or non-profit sector
· Highly organized, detail-oriented, adaptable, and systematic with strong time management skills and the ability to work autonomously as well as within a team with the willingness to be cross-trained to cover for colleagues during leave, vacation as needed.
· Strong written and verbal communication skills, particularly copywriting and editing.
· Proficiency with programs within Microsoft Office suite and social media platforms
· Working knowledge of the New York City music and performing arts scene, and those who cover it
· Self-motivated, creative, and forward thinker.
· Ability to work some nights and/or weekends to cover performances & greet press as needed
The Public is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Applicants from populations underrepresented in the theater field are strongly encouraged to apply. All qualified applications will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, familial status, sexual orientation, national origin, ability, age, or veteran status.
JOE’S PUB, a program of The Public Theater and named for its founder Joseph Papp, opened in 1998 and plays a vital role in The Public's mission of supporting young artists while providing established artists with an intimate space to perform and develop new work. Joe's Pub presents the best in live music and performance nightly, continuing its commitment to diversity, production values, community, and artistic freedom. The organization also offers opportunities like New York Voices, an artist commissioning program that helps musicians develop original theater works; Joe’s Pub Working Group, an artist development initiative; The Vanguard Award & Residency, a yearlong series that celebrates the career of a prolific and influential artist; and nationwide programming partnerships. Commissioned artists have included Mx Justin Vivian Bond, Bridget Everett, Daniel Alexander Jones, Ethan Lipton, Toshi Reagon, Allen Toussaint, and more. The venue’s food and beverage partner is the venerated Noho Hospitality Group, helmed by acclaimed chef Andrew Carmellini. With its intimate atmosphere and superior acoustics, Joe's Pub presents talent from all over the world as part of The Public's programming downtown at its Astor Place home, hosting approximately 800 shows and serving over 100,000 audience members annually.
To Apply: Please send cover letter, resume, and salary expectations to email@example.com
APPLY BY PHONE2125398635
APPLY BY EMAILSend e-mail to jobs...
*NOTE: Do not copy/paste the above email address as it is encoded with SPAM protection. Just click it to initiate an email from your preferred email client.