American Conservatory Theater
San Francisco, CA
REPORTS TO: Director of Production
SALARY: DOE + Benefits
Scope: American Conservatory Theater (LORT A) in San Francisco, seeks a Conservatory Production Manager to run the Conservatory production department. The Conservatory, led by Melissa Smith, now serves 3,000 students every year. It was the first actor training program in the United States not affiliated with a college or university accredited to award a master of fine arts degree. Danny Glover, Annette Bening, Denzel Washington, Benjamin Bratt, and Anika Noni Rose are among the conservatory's distinguished former students. With its commitment to excellence in actor training and to the relationship between training, performance, and audience, the A.C.T. Master of Fine Arts Program has moved to the forefront of America's actor training programs, while serving as the creative engine of the company at large. The Conservatory is made up of the MFA program, Young Conservatory and the Education departments.
· Oversee the realization of all physical production elements for the productions and events related to the Master of Fine Arts program, Young Conservatory and Education Departments on and off A.C.T’s campus.
· Supervise Conservatory production team including Production & Design Associates.
· Hire, supervise and support Stage Managers, Designers, Stage Management Fellows and Technicians.
· Oversee and manage the Conservatory production budgets and schedules.
· Perform work for all productions including budget creation, hiring, scheduling, paperwork prep, production meetings, processing production payroll, equipment rentals and scheduling of technical staff and crew.
· Plan, oversee and execute the annual showcase event for the MFA program which includes travel to LA and NYC.
· Plan, oversee and execute festivals associated with the Conservatory and touring education programs.
· Work closely with each program director, visiting artists, designers, faculty guest directors, union and non-union technicians, wardrobe personnel, and stage managers to present the highest quality shows and events with the resources allocated.
· Work with A.C.T shops including but not limited to costume, wigs and prop shops to support Conservatory programs.
· Work with A.C.T departments such as front of house, facilities, box office, marketing, development to ensure the success of Conservatory programs.
· Participate in Conservatory season planning and programming.
· Production manage other A.C.T events and rentals as assigned by the Director of Production.
Qualifications, Education and Experience:
· Bachelor’s Degree in technical theater or equivalent work experience.
· Work experience in university production management or stage management desired.
· Hands on leadership, creative problem solving and critical thinking required.