Garden City, NY 11530
Adelphi University, New York, is a highly awarded, nationally ranked, powerfully connected doctoral research university dedicated to transforming students' lives through small classes with world-class faculty, hands-on learning and innovative ways to support academic and career success. Adelphi offers exceptional liberal arts and sciences programs and professional training, with particular strength in our Core Four—Arts and Humanities, STEM and Social Sciences, the Business and Education Professions, and Health and Wellness. Recognized as a Best College by U.S. News & World Report, Adelphi is Long Island's oldest private coeducational university, serving more than 8,100 students at its beautiful main campus in Garden City, at learning hubs in Manhattan, the Hudson Valley and Suffolk County, and online. The University offers students more than 50 undergraduate majors and 70 graduate programs in the liberal arts, the sciences and professional training. With powerful partnerships throughout the New York area, more than 115,000 graduates across the country, a growing enrollment of students from 41 states and 58 countries, and rising rankings from top publications and organizations, Adelphi is a dynamic community that plays a leadership role on Long Island and in the region.
The Costume Stitcher assists Costume Shop Supervisor and Costume Designer in the creation of costumes for stage productions in both Theater and Dance.
REPORTS TO: Costume Shop Supervisor. Will also work closely with student workers in the Costume Shop.
RESPONSIBILITIES & DUTIES:
• Constructs made-to-order garments and alters garments.
• Attends fittings to assist and take notes for Costume Shop Supervisor or Costume Designer when needed.
• Performs other duties as assigned by Costume Shop Supervisor.
• Assists in the maintenance of the Costume Stock.
• Assists in the maintenance of costumes during the production period, including repairs, laundry, etc.
• The Costume Stitcher must have solid skills in sewing and altering garments, including knowledge of hand sewing techniques and experience using standard sewing equipment.
• Must be able to alter both commercial and draped patterns to fit as needed.
• Strong understanding of Theatrical Costume Construction. Draping and pattern making skills are a plus.
HOURS/RATE OF PAY:
• 20 hours per week, Flexible schedule, some nights and weekends required.
• $18.00 per hour
To apply, visit https://apptrkr.com/1621377
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
September 20, 2019 -