SURRY HILLS, NSW 02010
Opera Australia (OA) is Australia's national opera company, dedicated to enriching Australia's cultural life with exceptional opera and sustaining and developing the art form, with over 600 opera performance a year. The Company works with leading directors, artists and designers, and employs a large number of highly skilled people in the areas of scenic construction and painting, wardrobe and wig-making, stage production, management and administration.
OA is looking for a Deputy Supervisor, Wigs that will be responsible for the totality (manufacture, maintenance and performance-related aspects) for all wigs and make up elements of the Company's productions and performances. The role covers the overall operation of the Wigs Department, including the manufacture and delivery of wigs from the designers' concepts within the time and budget allocated, for new productions and revival of existing repertoire, as well as for special events and other non-repertoire activities as required and directed.
Our ideal candidate will have:
· Experience working within a large repertory arts or entertainment organisation or manufacturing environment
· Highly developed interpersonal, communication and influencing skills to work effectively with a diverse range of staff at every level of the organisation
· High Level knowledge of theatrical wig design, construction and use
· Essential understanding of theatrical make up principles and practice
· Highly developed leadership ,planning, organisational, and scheduling skills
· The creative flair to understand, support and, where appropriate, enhance the work of designers, with an eye for detail and fine nuances
· Working knowledge and understanding of safe work practices; and
· Computer literacy skills including advanced Microsoft Office.
In return for your excellent performance, you will be rewarded with fantastic growth opportunities, a great work culture, lots of on-the-job perks, and a good work-life balance.
Permanent Full Time
Base Location: Surry Hills, Sydney
Applications close: 24 January 2020
January 28, 2020 -