New York, NY 10016
Job location: Austin, TX
Clickspring Design is an award-winning design firm based in New York City and Austin. Our international creative practice is collaborative and multidisciplinary, supported by a bright and shiny (occasionally irreverent) team of designers, artists, architects, and communication specialists.
The Designer/Drafter works in collaboration with the design and drafting teams to participate in and guide the production of CAD documents through the completion of drafting packages. Applicants will work on a variety of project typologies including but not limited to global television broadcast design for major media networks such as CNN, NBC, MSNBC, and HBO.
The Designer/Drafter plays a vital role in the process of translating concept designs into comprehensive designer drafting packages. Critical to success is the ability to take direction and contribute drafting and problem-solving skills in the pursuit of ensuring that commissioned designs are delivered efficiently, effectively, profitably and to the highest quality standard. This is a collaborative position which requires excellent communication skills, flexibility, and an attention to detail.
Primary Job Functions
· Provide input to creatively overcome technical challenges, reduce costs, and improve quality as an essential part of the collaboration between the internal team.
· Participate in a “just ask if you don’t know” approach to design intent clarification and problem prevention.
· Follow studio policies and procedures while upholding high professional standards.
Secondary Job Functions
· Assist the design team in maintaining and organizing project drafting folders throughout the process, to minimize disorganization.
· Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
· Technical proficiency in AutoCAD with respect to architectural, event, or theatrical drafting. While not mandatory, experience with drafting in 3D AutoCAD is a plus.
· Exceptional time management skills and a superior ability to multitask across overlapping projects at varying phases of development.
· Familiarity with working within an architectural, event, or theatrical design team.
· Understanding of fabrication and material methodology appropriate for architectural and broadcast applications.
Please include drafting samples and/or links to portfolios when applying.
Direct applicants only, no recruiters.