Development Associate, Institutional Giving
The Shakespeare Theatre of New Jersey
Florham Park, NJ 07932
The Shakespeare Theatre of New Jersey, one of the nation’s largest and most prominent classical theatres, seeks a Development Associate of Institutional Giving to join its development team.
This position provides support for the Director of Development in managing all aspects of the organization’s fundraising, but focuses primarily on researching, writing, and submitting corporate, foundation, and government grant proposals for the Theatre. The Development Associate’s responsibilities include:
- Manage the identification, cultivation and stewardship of corporate, foundation and government supporters
- Conduct research to identify corporate, foundation and government funding prospects, both for general program support and capital needs, and make recommendations to the Director of Development
- Develop and maintain relationships with corporate, foundation and government prospects and donors
- Draft all corporate, foundation and government grant proposals, gift acknowledgements, and reports
- Maintain a master calendar of all proposal and reporting deadlines
- Work cross-departmentally with marketing, education and other areas as needed to maintain up-to-date and accurate data for reporting
- Observe the implementation of granted programs and act as the liaison to department heads in order to ensure compliance with grantor’s requirements
- Help plan and implement corporate, foundation and government cultivation events and special receptions
- Oversee appropriate and required recognition of all corporate, foundation and government supporters
- Provide support for the Director of Development as needed
- Assist the Development Associate of Individual Giving and Special Events with the organization and management of all special events, including opening nights and the annual gala
- Work with full staff to brainstorm and implement new projects and ideas
- Assist with other projects as assigned
Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree and a minimum of three years of experience in development or related field
- Exceptional presentation and writing skills; grant writing experience required
- Computer proficiency in Microsoft Office suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and use of the internet for extensive research
- Excellent time management skills and the ability to manage multiple deadlines
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work well as part of a team
- Knowledge of Theatre Manager or other donor database program preferred
The Shakespeare Theatre of New Jersey is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against any race, age, gender or preference. The salary for this position is competitive and will be commensurate with experience. The Theatre also offers an excellent benefits package including health, vision, life, and dental insurance, vacation benefits, and a TIAA retirement plan. Applicants should supply a resume, cover letter, brief writing sample, and three references (including e-mail addresses and phone numbers).
APPLY BY EMAILSend e-mail to 0000016f-a014-dada-a5ef-fcbeaeea0000...
*NOTE: Do not copy/paste the above email address as it is encoded with SPAM protection. Just click it to initiate an email from your preferred email client.