Page 73 Productions
Brooklyn, NY 11217
Page 73 Productions, Inc. seeks a dynamic, enthusiastic, and resourceful DEVELOPMENT ASSOCIATE who wishes to gain exposure to every area of fundraising in a growing organization. We are a 21-year-old theatre company dedicated to supporting early-career playwrights and producing their NY debuts. This position is perfect for someone who aspires to a leadership role in a small non-profit, or hopes to run their own theater company. Working in close collaboration to the Director of Development the Development Associate will support a range of development activities, including database management, institutional funding proposals, individual appeals and special events. The ideal candidate will be able to generate elegant narratives that synthesize Page 73’s mission and goals. They excel at detail oriented tasks and enjoy a fast-paced working environment.
The Development Associate’s specific responsibilities include:
● Preparing and managing materials for annual and year-end appeal letters, including extracting and cleaning lists, communication with key stakeholders about their lists, and preparing print materials to mail.
● All aspects of donation processing including preparing acknowledgment letters, database entry, gift tracking, and program donor listing.
● Managing, updating, and extracting information from databases that track Page 73’s primary constituents, including GiftWorks, Ovationtix, and Mailchimp. Experience with these data tools is a plus.
● Assisting in the data migration and training processes of a new CRM (donor database).
● Supporting quarterly Board Meetings including preparing documents, communicating with the Board, and taking notes for Minutes.
● Creating a first draft of select grant proposals.
● Preparing supplemental materials for grant submissions and submitting as assigned.
● Supporting the Campaign for Page 73:
o Overall campaign management and organization, such as, tracking of campaign progress, updating key stakeholders as appropriate, and ensuring key tasks are moving forward
o Assisting with campaign record keeping through timely tracking of all fundraising asks and commitments in the CRM.
o Ensuring documentation and execution of donor acknowledgement and pledge agreements
o Assist in submission of cold LOI’s for campaign gifts to institutional funders. Track submissions.
o Together with key stakeholders, identifying new prospects for research to ensure data quality of gifts and donors.
o Together with Director of Development and Campaign Counsel, prepare monthly committee meetings, notes, and documents.
● Supporting annual Benefit, including extracting lists for pre-event mailing and invitation mailing, pre-event mailing letter prep, and supporting donor relations the night of the gala.
● Supporting cultivation events (e.g. preparing guest lists, planning details of event, coordinating in OvationTix if necessary, making reservations, and arranging for hospitality) around our alumni nights, Page Turner events, our annual holiday party, and readings and workshops as planned.
The successful candidate will have two to five years of experience in a development office or graduate degree in nonprofit management. They must be proficient with MS Office and Google Apps. Basic skills in Adobe Photoshop, In Design, Squarespace, and with Customer Relationship Management (CRM) software are a plus.
The role requires multi-tasking, at times under pressure. We are looking for a excellent writer with editing and proofreading experience. The applicant should have fundraising events experience and a strong sense of hospitality and inclusivity. Experience in customer service, database management, excel and google sheets is a plus. Phone skills preferred. The applicant must have a love of theatre but a background in Sociology, Anthropology, or Psychology is also welcome!
Salary is $37,700 plus health insurance and professional development opportunities. Page 73 is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) with a commitment to maximizing the diversity of our organization.
Please email cover letter and resume in PDF format to email@example.com with the subject line “Development Associate Application.”