Theatre Aspen is seeking a Development Manager for full-time employment.
Theatre Aspen, a professional 200 seat, summer theatre in Colorado that presents 3 mainstage productions each summer season, featuring a professional apprentice program, and a robust year-round education program for students 5-18, and is rapidly expanding its programming imprint.
We are seeking a Development Manager, who will work on a range of tasks to support our efforts to raise $2M annually.
The successful candidate will have 3+ years’ experience in development, fundraising and/or producing events. The candidate must exhibit a high capacity for interpersonal relations, prospect identification/analysis of giving potential, experience with donor database management, and familiarity with the executional aspects of annual giving as well as targeted campaigns. Candidate should also have strong organizational skills and meticulous attention to detail.
- Plan and execute giving strategies.
- Conduct individual donor research; source foundation and government funding.
- Provide leadership for major fundraising initiatives and events.
- Responsibilities include calendar management, mailings, seating charts, compiling auction items, and securing staffing and volunteers.
- Manage systems for gift entry and donor acknowledgement, ensuring that every donor receives prompt acknowledgement for their contribution.
- Assist with the management of the fundraising calendar.
- Attend Board meetings and serve as liaison for Board members’ and donors’ inquiries.
- Other responsibilities as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher.
- Vibrant and mature individual with a background in, or passion for, performing arts and/or education.
- 3+ years of development experience. Experience in other areas such as membership, grant writing or corporate support desirable.
- Event planning/management experience helpful.
- Experience with PatronManager or similar database.
- Ability to handle sensitive information in a professional manner and maintain confidentiality.
- The capacity and willingness to provide excellent service and to work in a collegial manner with donors and other constituencies.
- Evenings and weekend work periodically required.
- Full year residence in Aspen or surrounding environs.
Interested applicants should send resume with references and a cover letter to email@example.com with a subject line only labeled as "Development Manager - Theatre Aspen." References will not be contacted without the consent of the applicant.
Theatre Aspen is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
February 1, 2019 -