American Conservatory Theater
San Francisco, CA 94108
Digital Content Associate
Status: Full Time / Regular / Exempt
Reports To: Digital Content Manager
Salary: DOE + Benefits
American Conservatory Theater has an immediate opening for a passionate, highly creative digital communicator to join our dynamic Marketing Department. Reporting to the Digital Content Manager, the new Digital Content Associate will serve at the company’s digital storyteller, responsible for creating and sharing compelling stories to engage audiences and raise awareness of all A.C.T. programs, including productions. S/he will be responsible for creating all digital content (including videos, podcasts, and live streams) and sharing that content online through daily management of A.C.T.’s social media platforms. S/he will also support the Digital Content Manager with email marketing and website content maintenance.
Job responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
· Creation of new digital content for all A.C.T. programs, including videos (animated and edited b-roll), podcasts, live streams, digital graphics, and others
· Manage A.C.T.’s social media platforms (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, SoundCloud) and serve as the first point of contact for patrons online
· Collaborate with other departments to search out new stories and provide digital content support for ongoing programs
· Capture and edit digital collateral for productions and other institutional efforts
· Coordinate the content calendar for all digital media platforms
· Assist Digital Content Manager with email marketing and website content maintenance
· Perform other duties as assigned
Position requirements include:
· Degree in digital marketing or communications, or 1-3 years equivalent work experience
· Strong storytelling and conceptual skills and attention to detail, with a track-record creating engaging digital content and working with artists
· Experience with video and audio editing software, Hootsuite or similar social media scheduling tool, and familiarity with Adobe Creative Suite
· Thorough knowledge of social media platforms and best practices
· Strong design sensibilities; ability to expand on existing design template where necessary for social platforms
· Strong verbal and written communication skills with the ability to collaborate effectively across multiple departments
· Ability to meet deadlines and handle multiple simultaneous projects from development to completion
· A great candidate is equally passionate about non-profit theater, digital technology, and the potential intersections of the two.
· Some night and weekend work is required.
Please please submit cover letter with salary requirements, work samples (video/audio, and social media posts), and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with Digital Content Associate Search in the subject line. Applications without salary requirements may not be considered.
Materials* may also be mailed to:
American Conservatory Theater
Digital Content Associate Search
Attn: Human Resources
30 Grant Avenue
San Francisco, CA 94108-5834
*Hard copy materials cannot be returned.