Gfreshski Productions Inc.
BROOKLYN, NY 11230
Molière in the Park (MIP), a Brooklyn based non-profit, dedicated to bringing yearly, free theater to Prospect Park, is seeking a Marketing and Development Intern for it's inaugural season. Spring 2019 (through May – exact dates negotiable). The Intern will support fundraising and ticket sales initiatives; work closely with the MIP staff as well as a theatrical marketing company hired on behalf of MIP.
This is a part-time, unpaid educational position with a travel and meal stipend of $200 per month, which can help build a stronger resume and provide a unique experience for the right candidate.
MIP is committed to the diversity of its artists, staff, and interns, and is an equal opportunity employer.
• Write compelling copy for email and social media campaigns, plus other content as needed
• In partnership with the marketing company, coordinate a comprehensive social media plan for MIP
• Create dynamic content for MIP social media channels: Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter
• Provide assistance with ongoing fundraising appeals and campaigns, including research, renewal, acquisition, acknowledgement, and benefit fulfillment
• Participate and support special events throughout the season
• Perform research on new fundraising opportunities
• Research and develop potential group sales and program advertising clients
• Other duties as assigned
• Strong copywriting skills
• Keen attention to detail
• An understanding of the need to use different voices for different platforms and purposes
• Passion for theater
• Interest in social media best practices
• A desire to learn about the holistic administrative needs of an arts institution
• The ability to prioritize and remain flexible and organized in a fast-paced environment
• Proficiency in Microsoft and Excel Irish Rep Internship Benefits
• Work closely with and learn from experienced arts professionals
• Opportunity to shadow an employee of your choice for a day after internship has finished
• Develop marketable skillsets in both fundraising and marketing
February through May 2019, 2-3 days per week (more available as desired). To apply, please email a one-page resume and brief cover letter. Please indicate “Marketing and Development Internship” in the subject line of your email. In your cover letter, please outline your relevant experience, academic course of study as applicable, and reasons for wanting to intern with Molière In The Park. No phone calls please.
February 25, 2019 - May 31, 2019